By mistake, or anger over hijackers, I deleted the SymNeti.dll file. When I
boot, this pops up, saying it is missing. Any ideas on how to re-install
this file. Also, trying to load a flight sim game, and error 0xc0000142
pops up. Any clue? Are these two issues related? Thanks in advance!!!

SymNeti.dll has something to do with Norton. Symantec Network Driver
Interface

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:9437C132-077F-4469-B678-A1B14F4AB3AE@microsoft.com,
Missing Files <Missing Files@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> By mistake, or anger over hijackers, I deleted the SymNeti.dll file.
> When I boot, this pops up, saying it is missing. Any ideas on how
> to re-install this file. Also, trying to load a flight sim game,
> and error 0xc0000142 pops up. Any clue? Are these two issues
> related? Thanks in advance!!! J

Symneti.dll is related Symantec NIS. See if reinstalling NIS helps.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Missing Files" <Missing Files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> By mistake, or anger over hijackers, I deleted the SymNeti.dll file. When
> boot, this pops up, saying it is missing. Any ideas on how to re-install
> this file. Also, trying to load a flight sim game, and error 0xc0000142
> pops up. Any clue? Are these two issues related? Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Wes :)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> SymNeti.dll has something to do with Norton. Symantec Network Driver
> Interface
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:9437C132-077F-4469-B678-A1B14F4AB3AE@microsoft.com,
> Missing Files <Missing Files@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>> By mistake, or anger over hijackers, I deleted the SymNeti.dll file.
>> When I boot, this pops up, saying it is missing. Any ideas on how
>> to re-install this file. Also, trying to load a flight sim game,
>> and error 0xc0000142 pops up. Any clue? Are these two issues
>> related? Thanks in advance!!! J

Hiya, Ramesh! :cool:

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.