Restore Points Fails to Restore

I have XP w/Service Pack 2. I cannot get my system restore to restore
to a previous point. I keep getting the message "Restoration was
unsuccessful. No changes have been made to your computer. System Restore
was unable to restore your computer to the specified restore point.
Select another restore point and try to perform the restoration again."
I have tried 5 different restore points and keep getting the same
message. I appreciate any help Thank you
1 answer Last reply
More about restore points fails restore

    Hi Will,

    I'd try resetting the System Restore store (Disabling and enabling System
    Restore clears all the previous snapshots). For additional checkpoints, see
    MVP Bert's page "System Restore Failures to restore"

    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Will" <kirby_is_king@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have XP w/Service Pack 2. I cannot get my system restore to restore to a
    >previous point. I keep getting the message "Restoration was unsuccessful.
    >No changes have been made to your computer. System Restore was unable to
    >restore your computer to the specified restore point. Select another
    >restore point and try to perform the restoration again." I have tried 5
    >different restore points and keep getting the same message. I appreciate
    >any help Thank you

Computers Microsoft System Restore Windows XP