nvidia cheater :)) radeon still rulezzz????

whisky

Distinguished
May 2, 2003
well ... is radeon still the king? :)) thats a good shock for nvidia users after such a long time.. well if nvidia keeps it this way .. their end wont be different than the 3dfx they bought :)) maybe voodoo always brings bad luck ?? :))) anyway here is what i mean ... the only way ge-force fx series can beat ATI radeon 9800 series.. is by cheating .. and changing the settings of benchmarks to lower quality to get better results.. the new drivers exactly do this ??? or does anyone know more to this story ... here u can find some stuff about the new NVIDIA drivers.. wow if this is the case about every game .. nvidia will never get respect from lots of ppl anymore ..
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/news/news_6028894.html

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
well ... is radeon still the king? :))
Well with both sides cheating, one can't precicely say for sure.

thats a good shock for nvidia users after such a long time..
Yes it certainly was :). Being an NVidia user though, I completely welcome it, because then both sides will continue fighting for dominance. This is good because us customers will benefit by getting cheaper products. Though I wish another company would join the fight.

well if nvidia keeps it this way .. their end wont be different than the 3dfx they bought :)) maybe voodoo always brings bad luck ?? :)))
Well, ATI was the underdog for quite some time, & still they survived. I don't think NVidia is going under as 3DFX did anytime soon. And we should all be thankful if they didn't, because then ATI would pretty much control the market, & that's certainly not good for us ;).

anyway here is what i mean ... the only way ge-force fx series can beat ATI radeon 9800 series.. is by cheating .. and changing the settings of benchmarks to lower quality to get better results.. the new drivers exactly do this ??? or does anyone know more to this story ... here u can find some stuff about the new NVIDIA drivers.. wow if this is the case about every game .. nvidia will never get respect from lots of ppl anymore ..
Actually, ATI was also found to be using certain cheats as well. The media only focused on NVidia unfortunatly.

-----
<A HREF="http://www.khmercity.com/city_music//Kerpal Comedy@@ kick my dog~ :)/Jerky Boys - Kerpal - Airport Pakistani And Hindi Fight.mp3" target="_new">I'm going to get you, you bastard guy</A>.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
yup

well actualy, 9600pros are 250 bucks in canada now. they WERE over 300 last month .. which is a very nice price

Nvidia is too huge to just die like 3dfx. plus they have their hands i nteh motherboard market, Nforce2. those are by far teh best mobos out there so Nvidia is probably selling the most (which is HUGE cause VIA and SIS are big companies in their own right) chipsets and making a killing

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new"> I highly recommend you DONT click my signature. Dont say I didnt warn you!1!! </A>

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
They are dropping, it's slow, but they are :). I mean take a look at the Ti4200. Just last year it used to be something like US$160 for the 64MB version. Nowadays, prices have been reduced sometimes by 50%, at maybe US$80 or US$90 or so.

-----
<A HREF="http://www.khmercity.com/city_music//Kerpal Comedy@@ kick my dog~ :)/Jerky Boys - Kerpal - Airport Pakistani And Hindi Fight.mp3" target="_new">I'm going to get you, you bastard guy</A>.

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
This good for us (prices drop), hope any of the two won't fade away like 3dfx did.

<i><font color=purple>
"I'll Take A Quiet Life
A Handshake to Carbon Monoxide" -Th.Y.
</i><font color=purple>

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Actually, ATI was also found to be using certain cheats as well. The media only focused on NVidia unfortunatly
Which is a bigger story...a guy who kills 2 people or a guy who kills 10+ people?

Which is the one the cops are more likely to nail...a guy that is speeding 2 miles per hour over the speed limit or 10 miles per hour?

Etcetera Etcetera so on and so forth yadda yadda yadda...

The truth is that Nvidia and ATI both got flagged for optimizing. In the case of Nvidia it was around 10% more than ATI.

I dunno about you, but if I buy a car and the car salesman tells me, "Ya know this puppy is 198 horse power and goes 0-60 in 8 seconds" when in actuality it is only 180 horse and goes 0-60 in 10 seconds...I'm not buying from him. Nvidia has mantled the role of the Schiesty Car Salesman(Tm). Someone raised the BS flag, they were caught with their pants down, and they said, "Yeah, so, what are you going to do about it?" AND THAT IS THE PART THAT PISSES ME OFF. They are pretty much saying, "We're bigger than Elvis...no one can touch us" and the consumer is the one that suffers because the trust that one has for the product/manufacturer is broken. When they sell a product, we trust that it is good and perfoms the way they advertise it. Well, the advertisment has been 'optimized' and the lemmings are buying into it. Would you thank that Schiesty Car Salesman(tm) for selling you a car that doesn't perform like it was supposed to perform by buying more products from his lot? I hope not....otherwise you are lying to yourself and are less intelligent that a retarded ostrich. Bah...I hate cheaters....makes me think of campers in UT.

<font color=blue>God bless those pagans.</font color=blue>
<font color=green>Homer Simpson</font color=green>

TKS

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
Err, thanks for umm... all that mate :), but I'm sure some, if not most of us already knows what Nvidia did was low & unforgivable. And yes, while Nvidia was the bigger cheater, the media should've also put ATI on the spotlight for their actions.

-----

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
They are dropping, it's slow, but they are :). I mean take a look at the Ti4200. Just last year it used to be something like US$160 for the 64MB version. Nowadays, prices have been reduced sometimes by 50%, at maybe US$80 or US$90 or so.

thats because when you turn on features that are sometimes needed for games (ansio filtering ) its slower than an 8500 by ATI

its a good card, if you know nothing about grapics and can settle for teh worst image quality

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new"> I highly recommend you DONT click my signature. Dont say I didnt warn you!1!! </A>

rain_king_uk

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
Nvidia's "optimizations" were cheats that wouldn't work in real games, while ATi's were real optimizations albeit somewhat inappropriate and undisclosed - that's the difference.

davepermen

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
and nvidias "real" cheats where about cutting away geometry, about making image quality worse, about disabling hw features to get faster troughput, about simply replacing the whole rendering.

atis was about rearanging a small pixelshader to make it a bit faster..

ati's cheat is merely a wrong implemented optimisation. nvidias where definite cheats.

"take a look around" - limp bizkit

www.google.com

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
DAMN U!!!! just when this cheating thing has finally died down u just have to revive it. U freaking flame bait!!!

and no Radeon doesn't pwn all
also If one company out of the two is going to die it's gonna be ATi, nVidia's too big!! They still pwn all with their Quadros and nForce 2s

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

simwiz2

Distinguished
May 16, 2003
Your post is a load of fanATIc BS. The 5900U is at least on par with the 9800P 256 in the vast majority of benchmarks. There have been a few where the 5900U decisively loses, like WC3/NOLF/RTCW benchmark, but there are also some where the ATi cards decisively lose.