I am trying to fix a friend's computer. Removed several viruses, back door
trojans, etc. I am trying to delete previous restore points. When I go to
open the restore function, the program just shows a blank page.
Also, when I go to the microsoft update web page, I get a blank page.
After doing some research, I believe the problem is related to ActiveX. I
found that I need a file called scripten.exe. I can download the file, but
when I try to install it, windows gives me a message that says the file is
not signed as a WInXP fill and will not install. I even tried running the
file from a cd that I burned on another computer.
WinXP SP2 installed
Thanks
Robin

Microsoft Windows Script 5.6 (Windows 2000, XP):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

Mark L. Ferguson wrote:
> Microsoft Windows Script 5.6 (Windows 2000, XP):
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en

Mark,

As I stated in the original post, I know I need the scripten.exe file.
I have downloaded it. I get an error when trying to install it.
Windows says the file is not signed as being WinXP compatable.
What is that all about?