Rising Waters / Winter Orb Deck

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

Trying to pare this down a little bit. Thoughts, suggestions, and
criticism appreciated. Jokes also appreciated.

22x Island
2x Eye of Ramos (Will replace with Sky Diamond when obtained)
3x Rising Waters
1x Winter Orb (Plan to get more, haven't yet)
2x Static Orb
1x Black Vise (Plan to get more)
3x Pendrell Flux
4x Slow Motion
1x Mana Chains (Plan to get more?)
4x Creature Bond
4x Psychic Venom
4x Erosion
4x Daze
2x Power Leak
3x Power Taint
2x Fog Bank

Card count currently stands at 63.
Play basically consists of Slow Motion/Pendrell Flux/Mana Chains &
Creature Bond on creatures, Power Leak/Power Taint on enchantments,
and Erosion/Psychic Venom on lands. With Rising Waters/Winter
Orb/Static Orb, paying for permanents. I have no real artifact control
-- suggestions?
Keep hand size high, deal damage via The Rack. Also deal damage with
Power Leak/Power Taint, Erosion, Psychic Venom, Creature Bond. Fog
Banks for early damage control.

On 8 May 2004 16:23:54 -0700, m_monty@infowest.com (moonty) wrote:

>Trying to pare this down a little bit. Thoughts, suggestions, and
>criticism appreciated. Jokes also appreciated.
>
>2x Eye of Ramos (Will replace with Sky Diamond when obtained)
Kind of a judgement call, right? Or is the concern that it would be
easier to get a 2 casting cost artifact out instead of a 3? What
about Myr?

>1x Black Vise (Plan to get more)
For casual, then? BV is restricted in Type One. Make sure it's okay
in your casual group before you do this, as it can be unjustly mean.
Other options include Rackling and Iron Maiden (which is good in
multiplayer, if that's your deal).

Good luck.

-- pseudosoldier

Doyle

m_monty@infowest.com (moonty) wrote in message news:<58def1d1.0405081523.58cfe071@posting.google.com>...

> 22x Island
> 2x Eye of Ramos (Will replace with Sky Diamond when obtained)
> 3x Rising Waters
> 1x Winter Orb (Plan to get more, haven't yet)
> 2x Static Orb
> 1x Black Vise (Plan to get more)
> 3x Pendrell Flux
> 4x Slow Motion
> 1x Mana Chains (Plan to get more?)
> 4x Creature Bond
> 4x Psychic Venom
> 4x Erosion
> 4x Daze
> 2x Power Leak
> 3x Power Taint
> 2x Fog Bank

Keep in mind that each taxing enchantment requires that the right
permanent is in play. With that in mind, you might want to cut the
Power Leaks. Power Taint has the same function and cycles when it is a
dead card. Creature Bond only does damage to the controller when the
creature dies. Cut them to add space to the deck. Erosion allows the
user to get rid of the enchanted land to avoid damage. Cut it to add
space to the deck. Power Sink is a counter that would allow the force
the controller to tap his land, triggering the Psychic Venoms. Icy
Manipulator taps permanents that slip through your control net. It can
also tap Winter Orbs to allow you a full untap.

-2 Power Leak
-4 Creature Bond
-4 Erosion
+3 Power Sink