Win32:Fatso[WRM]

March 12, 2005 12:07:02 PM

After I got strucket by this msn virus I removed it with avast, but when I
try to run an DVD-movie in wmp10 it's not read.
It workes just fine in the other videoplayers I have tryed.
Also I don't get an e-mail notification in my msn tray.
I don't know if it has anything with the virus to do, all my preferences are
set right.
How should I fix this?

http://www.shareaza.com (free and free from ad's and spy-ware)

More about : win32 fatso wrm

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 9:19:02 PM

Hello Nicolani ,
You are the most calm person in the world! I read up on Fatso, not an
easy fight.
I have a question for you: How long afdter removing Fatso did you wait to
kick back and watch a flick? Most users come here panicked to death. My hat
is off to you. Sounds like you need to install the codec for your DVD. But
first make sure you are debugged. Best of luck to you.
Ron J

"Nicoliani" wrote:

> After I got strucket by this msn virus I removed it with avast, but when I
> try to run an DVD-movie in wmp10 it's not read.
> It workes just fine in the other videoplayers I have tryed.
> Also I don't get an e-mail notification in my msn tray.
> I don't know if it has anything with the virus to do, all my preferences are
> set right.
> How should I fix this?

> http://www.shareaza.com (free and free from ad's and spy-ware)
March 13, 2005 6:27:02 AM

Well I got caried away, it was my preference in wmp10 whitch wasn't checket
to read DVD-movies.
Getting read of Fatso and all it's traces is a easy way done with Avast.

"Ron J" wrote:

> Hello Nicolani ,
> You are the most calm person in the world! I read up on Fatso, not an
> easy fight.
> I have a question for you: How long afdter removing Fatso did you wait to
> kick back and watch a flick? Most users come here panicked to death. My hat
> is off to you. Sounds like you need to install the codec for your DVD. But
> first make sure you are debugged. Best of luck to you.
> Ron J
>
> "Nicoliani" wrote:
>
> > After I got strucket by this msn virus I removed it with avast, but when I
> > try to run an DVD-movie in wmp10 it's not read.
> > It workes just fine in the other videoplayers I have tryed.
> > Also I don't get an e-mail notification in my msn tray.
> > I don't know if it has anything with the virus to do, all my preferences are
> > set right.
> > How should I fix this?
> >
> > --
> > http://www.shareaza.com (free and free from ad's and spy-ware)
March 13, 2005 2:09:02 PM

Thanks for letting me know about avast I will pas your info to next
person i see with fatso and thanks for posting back.
ron