for some reson, i lost almost all the icons from my desktop and start
menu in windows xp pro...any clues how to fix this and recover them
without going one by one?

i tried to restart a couple of time w/o luck.

thanks
Pablo

simple wrote:

> for some reson, i lost almost all the icons from my desktop and start
> menu in windows xp pro...any clues how to fix this and recover them
> without going one by one?
>
> i tried to restart a couple of time w/o luck.
>
> thanks
> Pablo
actually, many of them were replaced by a default icon...

Hi Pablo,

If this has happened recently, try a System Restore rollback. Another option
is to repair the icons using Tweak UI Power Toy for Windows XP. Tweak UI
Version 2.10 requires Windows XP Service Pack 1 or above / Windows Server
2003. If you have a Windows XP system without any Service Packs installed,
download Version 2.00

Version 2.00
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

Version 2.10