March Of The Mana Producers

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

Hi, it's just a simple, casual T2 deck I'm working on, its based
around a Mycosynth Lattice - March of The Machines combo and was
looking for some advice

12 islands
4 cloudpost
4 ur-golems eye
4 vedalken engineer
4 silver myr
4 talisman of progress
4 march of the machines
4 mycosynth lattice
4 lodestone myr
4 frogmite
4 fabricate
4 darksteel pendent
4 aether spellbomb

Basically it's centred around getting the combo out to nuke all land
with a few mana producers surviving. I know i've got very little until
then (generally I've found around turns 6-8). I'm looking forward to
Fifth Dawn, MTGnews has a card I think'd fit well with Mycosynth

Door To nothingness - 5
Artifact
Door to Nothingness comes into play tapped.
WWUUBBRRGG, , Sacrifice Door to Nothingness: Target player loses the
game.
Rare

My questions would be:
Should I include green for more mana acceleration?,
Should I include more counter spells?/bounce?
Any better suggestions to frogmite, for cheap disposable blockers
And any other suggestions are very welcome,
Thanks in advance,

ps: please bear in mind Ravagers are over my budget, as are most
anything else >$5

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

> 12 islands
> 4 cloudpost
> 4 ur-golems eye
> 4 vedalken engineer
> 4 silver myr
> 4 talisman of progress
> 4 march of the machines
> 4 mycosynth lattice
> 4 lodestone myr
> 4 frogmite
> 4 fabricate
> 4 darksteel pendent
> 4 aether spellbomb

> My questions would be:
> Should I include green for more mana acceleration?,
> Should I include more counter spells?/bounce?
> Any better suggestions to frogmite, for cheap disposable blockers
> And any other suggestions are very welcome,
> Thanks in advance,

Mana acceleration is very important especially with the hefty lattice,
Perhaps the new fifth dawn artifact that sacs to find a basic land.
Also are you not a few land short? Maybe Seat of Synods are in order.

Perhaps some reusable bounce is in order such as Temporal adept or
Cyrstal shard. The Icy Manipulator's ability could also be useful.
You have no counterspeel ability so maybe a few would be in order. I
personally like Rewind.

Bottle Gnomes make great blockers. Spire Golems can be useful.
Psychic Membrane and Spincrusher can also be possible tricks.

Try putting a Glorious Anthem or two in the deck and watch your
opponent howl as all his lands die but yours don't! Take out the
darksteel pendants too.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

In article <d22e8440.0405221620.41c483c7@posting.google.com>, zelf gale
<zelf_gale@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > 12 islands
> > 4 cloudpost
> > 4 ur-golems eye
> > 4 vedalken engineer
> > 4 silver myr
> > 4 talisman of progress
> > 4 march of the machines
> > 4 mycosynth lattice
> > 4 lodestone myr
> > 4 frogmite
> > 4 fabricate
> > 4 darksteel pendent
> > 4 aether spellbomb
>
> > My questions would be:
> > Should I include green for more mana acceleration?,
> > Should I include more counter spells?/bounce?
> > Any better suggestions to frogmite, for cheap disposable blockers
> > And any other suggestions are very welcome,
> > Thanks in advance,
>
> Mana acceleration is very important especially with the hefty lattice,
> Perhaps the new fifth dawn artifact that sacs to find a basic land.
> Also are you not a few land short? Maybe Seat of Synods are in order.
>
> Perhaps some reusable bounce is in order such as Temporal adept or
> Cyrstal shard. The Icy Manipulator's ability could also be useful.
> You have no counterspeel ability so maybe a few would be in order. I
> personally like Rewind.
>
> Bottle Gnomes make great blockers. Spire Golems can be useful.
> Psychic Membrane and Spincrusher can also be possible tricks.
>
> Try putting a Glorious Anthem or two in the deck and watch your
> opponent howl as all his lands die but yours don't! Take out the
> darksteel pendants too.

i have a build of this deck that has 4 memnarchs, 4 voltaic constructs,
and 4 guilded lotus. once the march of the machines is outif creates an
infinit mana loop (tap lotus for 3 blue, use 2 to untap the lotus
(since it is now a creature) with the voltaic construct, net gain of
one each time you do it)... with that infinite mana loop you can (and
will) steal EVERY permanent that your opponent has in play. Memnarch
makes that happen for you, so thank him...
keep a couple of the darksteel pendants... it becomes a 2/2
indestructible creature. always a good thing.
take out the ur-golemns eye's and replace with darksteel pendants...
again, they become indestructible creatures...

good luck-
-Cannibal-

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

> Mana acceleration is very important especially with the hefty lattice,
> Perhaps the new fifth dawn artifact that sacs to find a basic land.
> Also are you not a few land short? Maybe Seat of Synods are in order.
>
> Perhaps some reusable bounce is in order such as Temporal adept or
> Cyrstal shard. The Icy Manipulator's ability could also be useful.
> You have no counterspeel ability so maybe a few would be in order. I
> personally like Rewind.
>
> Bottle Gnomes make great blockers. Spire Golems can be useful.
> Psychic Membrane and Spincrusher can also be possible tricks.
>
> Try putting a Glorious Anthem or two in the deck and watch your
> opponent howl as all his lands die but yours don't! Take out the
> darksteel pendants too.

Thanks for all your advice, had already decided to use the Crystal
Shards. Also I think I'll go for some use some of the blockers you
suggested (most likely Psychic Membrane. I'll also look into those
Wayfarer's Bauble (the 5th dawn card you suggested)

I like the pendants though. I don't have much else to fish through my
deck for the March Of The Machines, and after the combo goes off, it
helps ensure i'm not drawing useless lands. Also, as has been
suggested in another post, after Lattice comes out, it's an
indestructible 2/2

I do like the Glorious Anthem suggestion, but as you also correctly
suggest the deck is already slightly short of land, and I don't want
to try supporting a card which requires two white mana. Will look into
more land, but not so sure about the Synods. Yeah I could fabricate em
to pay for a Ur-Golems Eye, but Lattice would immediately kill them.
But I suppose by the time I can pay for lattice, mana shouldn't be my
concern. More to think about.

Thanks for all your suggestions. They, and any future ones are very
much appreciated,
Barry

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

Something that I would suggest putting in the deck is Darksteel Ingot
because it gives you the mana acceleration and it is indestructable. You
should probably consider looking at Thirst for Knowledge, Roar of
Reclamation (memories of Replenish decks), and Serum Visions for card
drawing and some interesting combinations.

// Ed Pham

"Barry Bobbit" <barry@bobbybarrett.cjb.net> wrote in message
> > Mana acceleration is very important especially with the hefty lattice,
> > Perhaps the new fifth dawn artifact that sacs to find a basic land.
> > Also are you not a few land short? Maybe Seat of Synods are in order.
> >
> > Perhaps some reusable bounce is in order such as Temporal adept or
> > Cyrstal shard. The Icy Manipulator's ability could also be useful.
> > You have no counterspeel ability so maybe a few would be in order. I
> > personally like Rewind.
> >
> > Bottle Gnomes make great blockers. Spire Golems can be useful.
> > Psychic Membrane and Spincrusher can also be possible tricks.
> >
> > Try putting a Glorious Anthem or two in the deck and watch your
> > opponent howl as all his lands die but yours don't! Take out the
> > darksteel pendants too.
>
> Thanks for all your advice, had already decided to use the Crystal
> Shards. Also I think I'll go for some use some of the blockers you
> suggested (most likely Psychic Membrane. I'll also look into those
> Wayfarer's Bauble (the 5th dawn card you suggested)
>
> I like the pendants though. I don't have much else to fish through my
> deck for the March Of The Machines, and after the combo goes off, it
> helps ensure i'm not drawing useless lands. Also, as has been
> suggested in another post, after Lattice comes out, it's an
> indestructible 2/2
>
> I do like the Glorious Anthem suggestion, but as you also correctly
> suggest the deck is already slightly short of land, and I don't want
> to try supporting a card which requires two white mana. Will look into
> more land, but not so sure about the Synods. Yeah I could fabricate em
> to pay for a Ur-Golems Eye, but Lattice would immediately kill them.
> But I suppose by the time I can pay for lattice, mana shouldn't be my
> concern. More to think about.
>
> Thanks for all your suggestions. They, and any future ones are very
> much appreciated,
> Barry

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

> Mana acceleration is very important especially with the hefty lattice,
> Perhaps the new fifth dawn artifact that sacs to find a basic land.
> Also are you not a few land short? Maybe Seat of Synods are in order.

Will definitely consider those Wayfearers Baubles (pretty sure they're
the ones. You could also be right about the shortage of land, but the
Seats? March of The Machines would immediately kill them, but i could
Fabricate for them if I need a fourth land. I've put one in, just to
Fabricate.

> Perhaps some reusable bounce is in order such as Temporal adept or
> Cyrstal shard. The Icy Manipulator's ability could also be useful.
> You have no counterspeel ability so maybe a few would be in order. I
> personally like Rewind.

Since I posted, have included 4 Crystal Shards, and will try to fit
some form of counter spell ability.

> Bottle Gnomes make great blockers. Spire Golems can be useful.
> Psychic Membrane and Spincrusher can also be possible tricks.

I've gone with the Psychic Membranes, useful for getting out the
combo.

> Try putting a Glorious Anthem or two in the deck and watch your
> opponent howl as all his lands die but yours don't! Take out the
> darksteel pendants too.

Glorious Anthem would be fun, but i reckon I'd need quite a few more
lands to support a 1WW cost card. As far as the pendent goes, I'm
using them to increase my chances of drawing my March of the Machines.
After March comes into play, it's an indestructible 2/2. And after the
combo goes off, it helps ensure I don't draw useless lands.

Here is my latest build

Artifact
4 x AEther Spellbomb
4 x Crystal Shard