DVDR/CDRw Problem...PLEASE HELP

ok...i have a cdrw/dvdr combo drive with my presario r3000 and it reads cdrs
now but not dvdrs....im thinkin it could be a virus or somethin...please help
asap...it cannot recognize DVDR 's !! whats the problem
4
answers
Last reply
More about dvdr cdrw problem please help

    Hi bezzel,
    I using one of those right now. Nice systems.
    If you think it's a hardware problem:
    Go to My Computer > Right click on drive D: (that's the burner) > Select
    Properties > Go to Hardware tab > start the trouble shooter.

    For some reason, the computer needs to load software to show DVD's.
    InterActual Player is what's loaded on my system. Also, I have InterVideo
    WinDVD. I guess choose which ever one you like and have fun. One of these
    programs loaded from the DVD I wanted to watch. I forgot if the other came
    with the system or loaded from a diffent DVD. Now unless you spent extra
    money on your system, the default drive is a DVD player and a CD burner. Of
    course, again, it may be able to burn DVD's but the sofware I have doesn't
    allow for that.

    Well, at least I hope I gave you something to chew on. Good Luck.

    "bezzel" wrote:

    > ok...i have a cdrw/dvdr combo drive with my presario r3000 and it reads cdrs
    > now but not dvdrs....im thinkin it could be a virus or somethin...please help
    > asap...it cannot recognize DVDR 's !! whats the problem

    A faulty drive perhaps. Do you mean it wont play DVDs or when you put a DVD
    in the dive it doesn't recognise there is a disk in the drive and you cannot
    browse the disk.

    Neil

    "neil" wrote:

    > A faulty drive perhaps. Do you mean it wont play DVDs or when you put a DVD
    > in the dive it doesn't recognise there is a disk in the drive and you cannot
    > browse the disk.
    >
    > Neil
    > "bezzel" <bezzel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > ok...i have a cdrw/dvdr combo drive with my presario r3000 and it reads
    > > cdrs
    > > now but not dvdrs....im thinkin it could be a virus or somethin...please
    > > help
    > > asap...it cannot recognize DVDR 's !! whats the problem

    it can read cdrs to burn....it can read dvds to watch.....but it cant read
    dvdrs to burn...so i dont think its the drive since it reads dvds perfectly

    I don't know the model but if it has written DVD's in the past what software
    are you using, Windows XP cannot burn DVD's it only has built in software
    for CDs. Or if you have never written DVD's are you sure it's not a CD
    writer DVD reader combo. Looking at a review site there re different options
    for the system one is DVD/CDRW combo, I assume this is a CDRW writer only.

    > "neil" wrote:
    >
    >> A faulty drive perhaps. Do you mean it wont play DVDs or when you put a
    >> DVD
    >> in the dive it doesn't recognise there is a disk in the drive and you
    >> cannot
    >> browse the disk.
    >>
    >> Neil
    >> "bezzel" <bezzel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > ok...i have a cdrw/dvdr combo drive with my presario r3000 and it
    >> > reads
    >> > cdrs
    >> > now but not dvdrs....im thinkin it could be a virus or
    >> > somethin...please
    >> > help
    >> > asap...it cannot recognize DVDR 's !! whats the problem
    >>

    > it can read cdrs to burn....it can read dvds to watch.....but it cant read
    > dvdrs to burn...so i dont think its the drive since it reads dvds
    > perfectly

Support DVD Writers Microsoft Windows XP