user accounts screen

For some reason when I leave my computer idle, it no longer defaults back to
the user account screen so my password in needed to log back on as the
administrator. I have looked for help and was told to go tot he user account
screen and click on the advanced tab. My problem is that when I open the
user accounts screen there is no advanced tab to click on. Any help is
appreciated. I'm running XP professional and have installed SP2.

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about user accounts screen

    Control Panel, Power Options app, see checkbox for "prompt for password..." on Advanced tab.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5C46B16-351F-4A31-9E62-5A1F92D3A546@microsoft.com...
    > For some reason when I leave my computer idle, it no longer defaults back to
    > the user account screen so my password in needed to log back on as the
    > administrator. I have looked for help and was told to go tot he user account
    > screen and click on the advanced tab. My problem is that when I open the
    > user accounts screen there is no advanced tab to click on. Any help is
    > appreciated. I'm running XP professional and have installed SP2.
    >
    > thanks

Support Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP