Wndows Firewall/ICS Service

I am running XP Pro service pack 2. When I try to start the firewall in the
control panel it will not start. When I try to start the service manually i
get the following error:

Could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
service on local computer.

Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

I cannot tell what file it can't find or how to replace it. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

"valcin" wrote:

> I am running XP Pro service pack 2. When I try to start the firewall in the
> control panel it will not start. When I try to start the service manually i
> get the following error:
>
> Could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
> service on local computer.
>
> Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> I cannot tell what file it can't find or how to replace it. Any help would
> be greatly appreciated.

Hi Valcin,

See if the file ipnathlp.dll is present in the following folder:

%SystemRoot%\System32\

If missing, extract a new copy from source.
--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User