zalman heatpipe on powercolor or hercules rad98pro

DarKAzNKiD

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2003
I was thinkin of maybe getting a power color radeon 9800 pro and putting on a zalman heatpipe...would that be better than a hercules radeon 9800 pro?

Do you think the zalman heatpipe will be enough to cool the card down?

recruit370

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2003
the heatpipe is useless without extra cooling but with a couple extra case fans attached it awsum probly better then herculease with stock

recruit370

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2003
the heatpipe is useless without extra cooling but with a couple extra case fans attached it awsum probly better then herculease with stock

The heatpipe is fine as long as you don't plan on any overclocking, cause then you will need fans attached to it.
However if you are running stock and looking for quiet that's a good choice. If you are moding and lookinf for speed lqiuid is always the way to go, the Zalman doesn't compete with that, and costs almost as much. But for a reliable, quiet solution, the Zalmans are great.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: