What theme deck?

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

Hi,
It is now about 2 years since I played a game of Magic.
Don't know why but recently I feel like playing agame.
Since I don't know much about te recent tricks and cards I decided to first
try some online games.
To do so I thought about buying one of the theme decks.
My question is... what is a good, playable theme deck from the most recent
series
(I can buy: Onslqught, Legions, Scourge, 8th, Mirrodin, Darksteel)
(I like blue en red most)
Thank you for your kind help and maybe, see you online.
JP

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

> My question is... what is a good, playable theme deck from the most
> recent series
> (I can buy: Onslqught, Legions, Scourge, 8th, Mirrodin, Darksteel)
> (I like blue en red most)
> Thank you for your kind help and maybe, see you online.

The affinity one from Mirrodin is quite good (Bait and Bludgeon I think).

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:25:17 GMT, "Jean-Paul De Winter"
<jp.dewinter@pandora.be> wrote:

>Hi,
>It is now about 2 years since I played a game of Magic.
>Don't know why but recently I feel like playing agame.
>Since I don't know much about te recent tricks and cards I decided to first
>try some online games.
>To do so I thought about buying one of the theme decks.
>My question is... what is a good, playable theme deck from the most recent
>series
>(I can buy: Onslqught, Legions, Scourge, 8th, Mirrodin, Darksteel)
>(I like blue en red most)

All are "playable" in that they aren't land-screwed or have an
unworkable combo in them or something. But they are far from being
something you would ever take to a tourney.

The pre-cons show you the ideas and the themes of the set, and give
you some decent cards to play with. To make a really good deck, you're
going to have to spend some $$ (buying packs or trading for cards).

PS: for buying or selling cards on MTGO, I recommend staying away from
the Trading Post, and joining the user-run auction room instead.

Mark Landin <mark.landin@tdwilliamson.com> wrote in message news:<dfgaf09tsblghrscr37daiieks8rvbh78o@4ax.com>...

> The pre-cons show you the ideas and the themes of the set, and give
> you some decent cards to play with. To make a really good deck, you're
> going to have to spend some $$ (buying packs or trading for cards).
>
> PS: for buying or selling cards on MTGO, I recommend staying away from
> the Trading Post, and joining the user-run auction room instead.

Buying, yes. Selling, no. Auction price is _always_ lower than trading
post, and is only good for selling if you're desperate for fast
tickets. Can be a great place to purchase bargains, though.