Yikes! Another blow to Nvidia

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
The grave is dug another few feet down. I sure hope they bail themselves out soon. Nvidia has lost the Xbox contract accounting for 20% of their profits in the last 2 yrs. D'oh!

<A HREF="http://news.com.com/2100-1043_3-5063661.html?tag=fd_top" target="_new">Check it out</A>

<font color=blue>I don't have to be careful! I have a gun!</font color=blue>
<font color=green>Homer Simpson</font color=green>

TKS

Caimbeul

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003
its gotta hurt. all my prev cards have been nvidia but my next card will be an ATI for sure.

<i>Mmm Dawn AND Eve at the same time...Drroooooll
-------------------------------------------------
<b>XP2100+, 1Gb RAM, ASUS A7N8X, PNY 64Mb Ti4200. :cool:

eden

Champion
So how many more hints does nVidia need to take before they realize they need to change?

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=green><b>A sexual experience like never before seen</font color=green></b></A>
Site has now even more sexy members, for your pleasure.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
just a few more ;)

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Oh that only means mass layoffs and if you have stock there you better sell it now!!!! Microsoft is a bitch to deal with and maybe in the long run it was for the best for nvidia to have the chance to jump ship from the devil. Maybe now they could focus thier attention on making a GPU that is stable and will work with HL2 and DOOM 3.

F-DISK-Format-Reinstal DO DA!! DO DA!!

Too late, ATI immediately increased on the news and nV immediately fell.
MS may be a pain, but they seem to pay their bills, and that equates to payed for R&D IMO. This was an opportunity for ALL makers, since the VPU/GPU makers dojn't take part in the loss-leading activites that are the risky part of the venture.
IF they make the Xbox have an upgradeable VPU/CPU similar to the board in Alienware's laptops, I think you'd have a winner for the consumer and likely a strong selling point for the X-Box, and like a strong tie-in for ATI. The thing would be to make it proprietary so ATI stay the ole supplie of the VPUs, otherwise nV could sell replacement boards. All in all I think it's just another knock on nV's door saying, wake-up. I hope they listen as that's what would be best for us all.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
YAY!! now PS3 will PWN ALL!!!! i mean ATi is not bad~~ but think of it this way, Sony, Toshiba, IBM all pitch in 400 million US to develop Cell, that's enough money to buy 10 ATis lol~~~

PS3 and CELL WILL PWN ALL!!! OBEY THEM BEFORE UR CRUSHED!!!

120% nVidia Fanboy

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
it would take billion $ to take ATi.
Micro$oft maybe able to do it.

<font color=blue>
My computer is <b>sooo fast</b>,
It finished <b>SETI</b> in <b>10 seconds.</b>
<font color=blue>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
urg, ATi is not worth a billion.......and their ain't close

120% nVidia Fanboy

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
I agree with CoolSquirtle. I love all consoles, but I have a feeling that Sony is going to take the next vicory as they have with PS2, regardless of Microsoft's connections with ATi. The Cell is just too powerful and Sony knows just what to deliver to the masses. Besides, Sony may join up with another company to create a custom graphics chip based on the Cell. Just think, 2 Cells in one box. Holy sh*t, I'm scared.

<b>nVidia cheated on me so I left her for ATi. ATi's hotter anyway...</b>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
it's not just 2 cells, it's like millions of them running in a connection~~ the whole Cell project is just amazing, this clearly shows, it doesn't matter if ur the richest man or not, it's the stuff u can come up with that counts!!

PS3 WILL PWN ALL!! OBEY THEM OR U'LL BE CRUSHED!!!

120% nVidia Fanboy

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
Right. What I mean is that they might have a separate network of parallel processors just for graphics. Hence: 2 cells.

<b>nVidia cheated on me so I left her for ATi. ATi's hotter anyway...</b>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
if nVidia joins SONY, nVidia will RULE ALL WAHAHHHAHAHAHAH

PS3 WILL PWN ALL JOIN NOW, OR BE CRUSHED!!!

120% nVidia Fanboy

Caimbeul

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003
There is only one good game on PS2 (slight exageration but not too far off) and that is gran tourismo! I have a PS2 only for that game alone. I hate sony, they have all but destroyed quality gaming. The only reason it is such a success is due to the mindless chumps who know nothing about games. They take one look at a game cover and think "wow, that looks good" without knowing didly squat about it they buy all the sh!t. and the knobs whoo buy revision after revion of those damn ea games!!!

sorry to rant (no doubt someone will flame me for my opinion) I think it boils down to this: Sony gave us the "Casual Gamer" and withit single handedly killed console gaming and made it into, well, the tripe it is today really. PS3 will be huge simply due to the previous incarnations being successful. regardless of whether its a good machine or not expect ps3 to have the dominant market share next time round. and on the subject of this thread, Well done ATI - tough doogies NVidia. Lets just hope microsoft can sort out a decent looking machine next time and get the damn 3rd party support that it desperatley needs from Japan.

Nintendo rule!

PC Gaming Rules!

Peace out!

We Love you all!

Goodbye!

<i>Mmm Dawn AND Eve at the same time...Drroooooll
-------------------------------------------------
<b>XP2100+, 1Gb RAM, ASUS A7N8X, PNY 64Mb Ti4200. :cool:

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
The grave is dug another few feet down. I sure hope they bail themselves out soon. Nvidia has lost the Xbox contract accounting for 20% of their profits in the last 2 yrs. D'oh!

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOP|OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i damn near fell outta my chair when i read this !!! HAHAHAHAHHAAAHHA OMG@!!!!

<b>wow!!</b>

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new"> I highly recommend you DONT click my signature. Dont say I didnt warn you!1!! </A>

SPAM

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
Re. Sony

From what I have read the problem with that type of parellism is not the hardware, its the software. As complicated as game development is these days it will be even more so on such a rig. They may have to develop graphics emulator programs to make it backward compatible with older games and developing newer games would be very very difficult to do at a reasonable price.

Re. ATI

Nvidia brought forth nforce MBs from the development of Xbox. ATI should experience a similar infusion of money from Microsoft and that should keep this Graphics market cooking.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
ATI is in teh motherboard market now with their 9100 IGP. its a northbridge as well

i think ATI will be a bigger player in teh next year , more so than even the biggest ATI fanatics thought! im so happy cause now i can laugh at all those Nvidiots who beat me down by the sheer scale of their numbers.

its hard to get a point across when 40 people are flaming your post (Nvnews... complete morons) . the tables will be turned muahahaha

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new"> I highly recommend you DONT click my signature. Dont say I didnt warn you!1!! </A>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
get something called Devils May Cry and Final Fantasy X-2 and Onimusha~~ Nintendo is the one falling apart here u GameCubist~~ PS2 PWNS ALL right now and PS3 WILL PWN ALL!!

120% nVidia Fanboy

eden

Champion
However it should still be noted that hyping about something which will appear in 2-3 year from now, well, isn't really smart, since nVidia can pull up anything in the next three years and screw aside Xbox profits!

By then who knows what will come up. Point being that ATi's profits or R&D WILL NOT get anything any soon, nor yank out anything for HL2 or Doom III!

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=green><b>A sexual experience like never before seen</font color=green></b></A>

eden

Champion
Are you including the PSX in the list of bad Sony hardware?

If so, you'd be the most wrong person. PSX is by far better than N64's cheap 64-bit attempt of a hardware.

Gaming-wise, PSX has excellent Squaresoft games, such as Final Fantasy and PS2 holds that as well. How can you possibly think it's made for mindless chumps?!

Now I ain't no Sony fanboy, I don't even own a PSX or PS2, I own a GameCube. Love Nintendo for quality games, but I wish I had access to the PS2 to go through FF 10.

You're seriously not looking at the whole picture, regrettably.

--

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
(pats Eden on the back)

120% nVidia Fanboy

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
dont tell me what to do (goes to the corner)

120% nVidia Fanboy