Roar of Reclamation & Arcbound Crusher

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

I have a question about the above two cards.

Say I have X artifacts in my graveyard including an Arcbound Crusher. I then
play Roar of reclamation and all my artifacts come back into play. Does the
Crusher get +X-1/+X-1 from all the artifacts coming into play at the same
time as the crusher? (since it doesn't get +1/+1 for itself).

Thanks!!

Andy

peter

"Andrew Quinn" <x@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<a0KJc.22331$q8.3517@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> I have a question about the above two cards.
>
> Say I have X artifacts in my graveyard including an Arcbound Crusher. I then
> play Roar of reclamation and all my artifacts come back into play. Does the
> Crusher get +X-1/+X-1 from all the artifacts coming into play at the same
> time as the crusher? (since it doesn't get +1/+1 for itself).

Yeah. I don't have the pertinent rule in front of me, but as things
come into play, they notice everything else that comes into play at
the same time, and trigger off those. Same with leaving play.

Peter

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy,rec.games.trading-cards.magic.rules (More info?)

Andrew Quinn <x@blueyonder.co.uk> sent:
> I have a question about the above two cards.

[crosspost .strategy -> .rules]

> Say I have X artifacts in my graveyard including an Arcbound Crusher. I then
> play Roar of reclamation and all my artifacts come back into play.

Arcbound Crusher {4} Artifact Creature 0/0
/ Trample
/ Whenever another artifact comes into play, put a +1/+1 counter on
Arcbound Crusher.
/ Modular 1

Roar of Reclamation {5}{W}{W} Sorcery
/ Each player returns all artifact cards from his or her graveyard to
play.

410.10a Comes-into-play abilities trigger when a permanent enters the
in-play zone. These are written, "When [this card] comes into play, .
. . " or "Whenever a [type] comes into play, . . ." Each time an
event puts one or more permanents into play, all permanents in play
(including the newcomers) are checked for any comes-into-play
triggers that match the event.

They all arrive at the same time, so you check each of those artifacts
for comes-into-play triggers that look for artifacts coming into play.
The Archbound Crusher will get a +1/+1 counter for each other artifact
that came into play at the same time. Note that these triggers go on
the stack separately, and each player gets priority at least once
before each of those counters is added to the Arcbound Crusher.

> Does the
> Crusher get +X-1/+X-1 from all the artifacts coming into play at the same
> time as the crusher? (since it doesn't get +1/+1 for itself).

It depends on how many artifacts are in all graveyards total, not just
the number in your own graveyard. It adds counters, not a +A/+B type
effect. It adds the counters one a time in separate triggers, not all
at once. So, if we let X be the total number of artifacts in
graveyards, then the net result once the dust settles will be an
Arcbound Crusher with its own +1/+1 counter from the Modular ability,
and (X-1) +1/+1 counters from its triggered ability, making an X/X
creature.

--
-- zoe