Can't Acces Second Harddrive

I read some other post with the same problem, but nothing they suggested
helped. Here is an overview of problem and error:

My second drive now is unaccessable, it says "do you want to format now?"
BUT I HAVE FILES ON IT and i NEED THOSE FILES.

i tried updating driver, it says it is updated already. i tried to go to
propteries, error checking but that flashed for a second and nothing. It
says, under properties, file system RAW and 0 bytes, 0 bytes. Under
properties, hardware, properties, it doesn't give any info for volumes. I
have sp2 and it was working fine, but i got some virus, unistalled sp2,
reinstalled and after that, my none of my norton programs (Virus protection,
unerase wizard, etc.) worked even if i uninstalled them and reinstalled them.
Since then, i don't remember if in the following week the second drive worked
or not, but now it doesn't.

Should i uninstall and reinstall the drive, or will that ensure i need to
format it? Should i just try reinstalling sp2?
1 answer Last reply
More about acces harddrive

    Recover My Files
    http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Lelsewhere" wrote:

    | I read some other post with the same problem, but nothing they suggested
    | helped. Here is an overview of problem and error:
    |
    | My second drive now is unaccessable, it says "do you want to format now?"
    | BUT I HAVE FILES ON IT and i NEED THOSE FILES.
    |
    | i tried updating driver, it says it is updated already. i tried to go to
    | propteries, error checking but that flashed for a second and nothing. It
    | says, under properties, file system RAW and 0 bytes, 0 bytes. Under
    | properties, hardware, properties, it doesn't give any info for volumes. I
    | have sp2 and it was working fine, but i got some virus, unistalled sp2,
    | reinstalled and after that, my none of my norton programs (Virus protection,
    | unerase wizard, etc.) worked even if i uninstalled them and reinstalled them.
    | Since then, i don't remember if in the following week the second drive worked
    | or not, but now it doesn't.
    |
    | Should i uninstall and reinstall the drive, or will that ensure i need to
    | format it? Should i just try reinstalling sp2?

Hard Drives Windows XP