Can't Acces Second Harddrive

I read some other post with the same problem, but nothing they suggested
helped. Here is an overview of problem and error:

My second drive now is unaccessable, it says "do you want to format now?"
BUT I HAVE FILES ON IT and i NEED THOSE FILES.

i tried updating driver, it says it is updated already. i tried to go to
propteries, error checking but that flashed for a second and nothing. It
says, under properties, file system RAW and 0 bytes, 0 bytes. Under
properties, hardware, properties, it doesn't give any info for volumes. I
have sp2 and it was working fine, but i got some virus, unistalled sp2,
reinstalled and after that, my none of my norton programs (Virus protection,
unerase wizard, etc.) worked even if i uninstalled them and reinstalled them.
Since then, i don't remember if in the following week the second drive worked
or not, but now it doesn't.

Should i uninstall and reinstall the drive, or will that ensure i need to
format it? Should i just try reinstalling sp2?

Recover My Files
http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

--
Carey Frisch