nicole

I've tried burning an ISO file onto CD-Rs so many times now, with different
programs etc etc and it doesn't seem to work! I've used Nero and Windows CD
burner to burn the graphic (and it recognises the file), but when i go to
access the file on the CD, Windows tells me it might be corrupt, or it might
be using a file not compatible with Windows. Help!!!

Nicole wrote:
> I've tried burning an ISO file onto CD-Rs so many times now, with
> different programs etc etc and it doesn't seem to work! I've used
> Nero and Windows CD burner to burn the graphic (and it recognises the
> file), but when i go to access the file on the CD, Windows tells me
> it might be corrupt, or it might be using a file not compatible with
> Windows. Help!!!

What ARE these ISOs?

--
<- Shenan ->

You have to use the option to create a CD from ISO image. You can not just
"burn"it onto the CD. All you will have is a copy of the ISO file.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Nicole" <Nicole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've tried burning an ISO file onto CD-Rs so many times now, with
> different
> programs etc etc and it doesn't seem to work! I've used Nero and Windows
> CD
> burner to burn the graphic (and it recognises the file), but when i go to
> access the file on the CD, Windows tells me it might be corrupt, or it
> might
> be using a file not compatible with Windows. Help!!!

nicole

That is what I have been doing - creating a CD from the ISO image. That is
why I am so puzzled as to why it isn't working.

Nicole

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> You have to use the option to create a CD from ISO image. You can not just
> "burn"it onto the CD. All you will have is a copy of the ISO file.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> "Nicole" <Nicole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've tried burning an ISO file onto CD-Rs so many times now, with
> > different
> > programs etc etc and it doesn't seem to work! I've used Nero and Windows
> > CD
> > burner to burn the graphic (and it recognises the file), but when i go to
> > access the file on the CD, Windows tells me it might be corrupt, or it
> > might
> > be using a file not compatible with Windows. Help!!!

johnf

ISOs are meant to be saved to the HDD and LEFT there, so you can pick up
where you left off on the previoius session.

--

johnf

> That is what I have been doing - creating a CD from the ISO image. That
> is why I am so puzzled as to why it isn't working.
>
> Nicole
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> You have to use the option to create a CD from ISO image. You can not
>> just "burn"it onto the CD. All you will have is a copy of the ISO file.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

>> "Nicole" <Nicole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I've tried burning an ISO file onto CD-Rs so many times now, with
>> > different
>> > programs etc etc and it doesn't seem to work! I've used Nero and
>> > Windows CD
>> > burner to burn the graphic (and it recognises the file), but when i
>> > go to access the file on the CD, Windows tells me it might be
>> > corrupt, or it might
>> > be using a file not compatible with Windows. Help!!!

Can you open the file using WinRAR? Perhaps the ISO is corrupted?

Just to double check, when in Nero you don't select "new" you select "open"
and then the .iso image right?

Nathan