HELP Cannot open icons from desktop or start menu

March 12, 2005 9:47:03 PM

I cannot open any icons from my desktop or windows xp start menu except for
internet related things like webpages and instant messaging. When I try to
open something it freezes, all desktop icons dissapear, then they reappear,
and nothing happens. Most of the time a window pops up that says,"Dr Watson
post mortem debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close." I tried
to delete the drtwtsn program from my cpu but it will not even let me access
the program to delete it because as I said, any non internet related icons
will not open. Even windows search, and windows my computer icon. This is
getting worse and worse, I have anti virus and it does not seem to be a virus
problem.
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 3:38:19 AM

Grayson wrote:

> I cannot open any icons from my desktop or windows xp start menu except for
> internet related things like webpages and instant messaging. When I try to
> open something it freezes, all desktop icons dissapear, then they reappear,
> and nothing happens. Most of the time a window pops up that says,"Dr Watson
> post mortem debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close." I tried
> to delete the drtwtsn program from my cpu but it will not even let me access
> the program to delete it because as I said, any non internet related icons
> will not open. Even windows search, and windows my computer icon. This is
> getting worse and worse, I have anti virus and it does not seem to be a virus
> problem.

Hopefully you have solved it by now but it sounds like what happened on my son's
computer. Alot of his MSN contacts have been dealing with it. No "Dr Watson post
mortem debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close." though.

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32sumoma.html
!