ok imagecrafter>carrionfeeder >disciples of the vault>anot..

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

imagecrafter:tap choose a creature type other than legend or wall. target
creatures type becomes that type untill end of turn.
carroin feeder:carrion feeder can't block
sacrifice a creature: put a +1/+1 counter on carrion feeder.
disciple of the vault:
Whenever an artifact is put into a graveyard from play, you may have
target opponent lose 1 life.
ok heres my question I use imagecrafter on oh zombie goblin
making it a artifactcreature. then sacrifice him to carrion feeder, does
the "artifactcreature" status remain when it hits the graveyard, and does
my opponent lose one life? and also just to make sure i understand the
term artifact refers to artifactcreatures, artifacts, artifact equipment
etc.....let me know?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:03:17 -0400, garvdogart <garvdart@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>imagecrafter:tap choose a creature type other than legend or wall. target
>creatures type becomes that type untill end of turn.
> carroin feeder:carrion feeder can't block
>sacrifice a creature: put a +1/+1 counter on carrion feeder.
> disciple of the vault:
>Whenever an artifact is put into a graveyard from play, you may have
>target opponent lose 1 life.
>ok heres my question I use imagecrafter on oh zombie goblin
>making it a artifactcreature.

Can't; "artifact" is _not_ a creature type. (It is a card type, a spell type,
and a permanent type; it is not a subtype of any sort, and 'creature type'
is a subtype of "creature", the permanent type.)

>then sacrifice him to carrion feeder, does
>the "artifactcreature" status remain when it hits the graveyard,

If you give it a creature type with Imagecrafter, it loses that effect the
moment it leaves play.

Since you can't make it "an artifact creature" in any way, Disciple of the
Vault is not a Combo of any sort with Imagecrafter.

Things that trigger off stuff leaving play look to the moment before the
stuff left play, to see if they trigger; if you changed it to a Beast, for
example, and something triggered "when a Beast goes to a graveyard from play",
that something would trigger; it would be using the special 410.10d exception,
and would look at whether the creature was a Beast _before it left play_, not
whether it was still one in the graveyard.

>my opponent lose one life? and also just to make sure i understand the
>term artifact refers to artifactcreatures, artifacts, artifact equipment
>etc.....let me know?

"Artifact" is not a creature type of any sort. It is a permanent type. And
yes, artifact creatures are artifacts, and they are creatures; they have two
permanent types describing them.

Dave

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:17:03 +0200, Simon Nejmann
<snejmann@worldonline.REMOVETHIS.dk> wrote:

>Creature and Artifact are supertypes, "creature types" are the
>specific subtypes that Creatures can have - in short; Imagecrafter
>can't give anything the Artifact type.

Hmm, I made a small mistake here - just wording though, your trick
still dosn't work.

Creature and Artifact are types, not supertypes.

**
205.2. Types

205.2a The types are artifact, creature, enchantment, instant, land,
and sorcery.

205.2b. Some objects can have more than one type (for example, an
artifact creature). Such objects satisfy the criteria for any effect
that applies to any of their types.
**

Supertypes are printed before the type on the type line, for example
Basic or Legendary - yes, Legendary is a supertype and Legend is a
subtype, and they still mean the same.

Finally subtypes are printed after the type, also on Lands, Artifacts
and Creatures there is a "-" between the type and the subtype.
Enchantments have subtypes like "creature" or "land" eg. "enchant
land". Instants and Sorceries don't have subtypes.

Imagecrafter can change a creatures subtype. It cannot change a card's
type or supertype, nor can it change the subtype of a card that does
not have the type Creature (eg. can't change Forest to Mountain).

--
Med venlige hilsner
Simon Nejmann

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

thanks well that eliminates imagecrafter maybe ill just use some
"colormyrs" instead for the mana draw to get my deck rolling faster till
my four disciples come out or one of my other recursions is ready. thanks