DISK DRIVES DONT APPEAR

Hi,
I have recently upgraded my hard drive and reinstalled windows XP and now my
2 CDRW and DVD ROM drives dont appear in my computer or in any menus, which
means I can't load any CD's. The drives appear in the BIOS and also in
computer management but no where else. It would be appreciated if you could
give me a response ASAP.
Thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about disk drives dont appear

    Charles,

    In Device Manager, double-click the CD-RW drive and see if there is any
    error code (such as Code 19 or so...) is shown. Also, if you've an older
    Roxio product installed, uninstall it and apply this fix:

    The following registry fix automates Q315345
    http://www.aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "charles" <charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have recently upgraded my hard drive and reinstalled windows XP and now
    > my
    > 2 CDRW and DVD ROM drives dont appear in my computer or in any menus,
    > which
    > means I can't load any CD's. The drives appear in the BIOS and also in
    > computer management but no where else. It would be appreciated if you
    > could
    > give me a response ASAP.
    > Thank you

    Did you check that the CD was set up correctly as a master or a slave?
    There's a little plug at the back of the drive that you have to change
    according to your setup

    Jim

    "charles" <charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have recently upgraded my hard drive and reinstalled windows XP and now
    my
    > 2 CDRW and DVD ROM drives dont appear in my computer or in any menus,
    which
    > means I can't load any CD's. The drives appear in the BIOS and also in
    > computer management but no where else. It would be appreciated if you
    could
    > give me a response ASAP.
    > Thank you

Computers Disk Drives Windows XP