cleeve

Illustrious
You know that Radeon 9500 non-pro in my sig? Well, I think my massive overclock finally did her in (Stock 275 GPU O'C'd to 360 with stock cooling... this card has a 256 bit memory interface (L shaped) but failed the 9700 mod, so I had to overclock her. :)

The card was a powercolor (Yikes!) and I bought it on ebay, so I figured I was screwed. No warranty through the ebay dealer... I decided to give Powercolor a try for shits and giggles.

After talking on the phone with them, they were super pleasant and accomodating. They said they'd warranty it directly as long as I sent them a $20 restocking fee. Hey, no problem! I'm still only into this card for $100 total after that.

I sent them my old card and the $20 money order an they quickly fedexed me a new card. Right on!

I was dissapointed at first to find that the card they sent me had a 128 bit memory interface (straight line), so no chance of modding it to a 9700, and probably not as great overclocking results. BUT... I could try the 9500-to-9500 PRO mod...

It worked! Like a charm! My first 3dMark03 pass was 2400, but once the mod was in I got 3500! And I haven't even overclocked it yet! We'll see what it can do next week when I get back from holidays.

But I might be a little more conservative with the overclock this time... ;)

- Cleevey

------------------
Radeon 9500 w/256 bit memory bus @ 367/310
AMD AthlonXP 2000+
3dMark03: 3439

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
bah.

You still suck Cleeve...I hate u cuz you have time to OC stuffs. My Xtasy 9500 Pro is still waiting for me to give it the old college try. Man I need more hours in the day for this crap.

Speaking of which, you know where the flash/softmod for the OC on the 9500 Pro is?

<font color=blue>I don't have to be careful! I have a gun!</font color=blue>
<font color=green>Homer Simpson</font color=green>

TKS

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Oh yeah...and you smell funny too :tongue:

TKS

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
donkey shorts..er..danke shein...er...bah..German thank you.

TKS

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
hrm...treading into waters i don't know how to tread in. I've never had to flash my vid card BIOS so I'm not exactly sure how to do it. I think i got all the files I needed from the site you posted. Now I'm kinda stuck...don't want to mess it up and blank the video out.
Waiting until I get further guidance...

TKS

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
I was going to experiment with my 9800 pro in the OC range and was wondering if it also requires a bois flash. Havent done it yet, too busy blowing up my barton 2500 which is now acheving 2.6ghz stablely. Morely just interested in getting the ram to where it should be like 350 or so.

F-DISK-Format-Reinstal DO DA!! DO DA!!