Fortron FSP300-60ATV Enough for 9700Pro? See specs

Stressky

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2003
Hey guys,

I'm looking forward to upgrading to a 9700 Pro. Currently I run on a 250W stock power supply with no problems:

P4 2.4 (no HT)
512 DDR Dual Channel at 333Mhz
Dell MOBO
64Mb GeForce 4 MX 440
SB Live 5.1
CD-ROM
CD-RW
Saitek Cyborg USB
56K Modem
Win XP Home (if that matters...)

Nothing is overclocked and I do not plan to overclock the Radeon. My question is, with the 9700 Pro upgrade, figuring in the fact that I only run a factory 250W power supply that appears to provide the system with good power, would the Fortron FSP 300-60ATV be good enough to handle the new card or should I look for something else? Any power supply reccomendations for this card for someone whom is not really a power user so to speak?

Any help is always appreciated! Thanks!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Stressky on 08/16/03 02:11 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, it should be enough, but is your Dell one of those that uses a standard ATX power supply, or is it a Dell power supply?

Anyway, I'd go 350W with a Fortron just to allow yourself a little more breathing room, shouls you decide to add more parts later.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>