Copy My Photo's on to DVD

Does anyone know how I can copy my photo's from my computer onto a DVD?
I have a DVD R/RW and also have DVD+R's and DVD-R, because someone said that
you have to use -R for somethings and +R for other things!
I have saved the photo's but it comes up that I have to save to a CD?
Hope someone can please help
Many thanks
Cathy

Philo

"cath1410" <cath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how I can copy my photo's from my computer onto a DVD?
> I have a DVD R/RW and also have DVD+R's and DVD-R, because someone said
that
> you have to use -R for somethings and +R for other things!
> I have saved the photo's but it comes up that I have to save to a CD?
> Hope someone can please help
> Many thanks
> Cathy

just drag and drop the files to your cdburner
then select "burn"

otherwise just use the software that would have come with your DVD burner

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

XP doesn't have built in software for burning DVD's so you will need to use
software that should have come with the DVD drive. Depends what that is on
how you use it.

Neil
"cath1410" <cath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how I can copy my photo's from my computer onto a DVD?
> I have a DVD R/RW and also have DVD+R's and DVD-R, because someone said
> that
> you have to use -R for somethings and +R for other things!
> I have saved the photo's but it comes up that I have to save to a CD?
> Hope someone can please help
> Many thanks
> Cathy

Jim

"cath1410" <cath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how I can copy my photo's from my computer onto a DVD?
Easy CD Creator certainly can.
Nero 6 certainly can.
Native XP cannot.
Jim

Philo

"philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "cath1410" <cath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how I can copy my photo's from my computer onto a DVD?
> > I have a DVD R/RW and also have DVD+R's and DVD-R, because someone said
> that
> > you have to use -R for somethings and +R for other things!
> > I have saved the photo's but it comes up that I have to save to a CD?
> > Hope someone can please help
> > Many thanks
> > Cathy
>
> just drag and drop the files to your cdburner

actually that was not quite what i had meant to say...
here is a better explaination:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/expert/jones_02november25.mspx