Votes: 60 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • After the first service pack!

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
No, there's simply no compelling reason for me to upgrade from either Vista or XP on my 7 desk- and lap-tops.

But I like it, and will enthusiastically use it whenever a fresh install is in order.

I didn't think there was a compelling reason to upgrade either... until I saw the preorder discounts. So I've got Home coming for the laptop and Pro for the desktop. Fifty percent off on Windows was just too good to pass up.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Already running it, love it.

Fully recommended to anyone not running Linux or OSX...

Google Enhancemyse7en for a free program to tweak Windows 7 :)

Although to be honest if you know your way around the services snap in or the registry you probably know half the tweaks anyway :) (still faster to do it with this tool thing)

randomizer

Champion
Only one. Got it through MSDNAA. I used to wait for my university to get MSDNAA keys but they're too slow and always end up giving me the EU-adjusted software. So I subscribed to IEEE during the 50% off period (for $16) and within a week or so I had direct access to MSDNAA myself.

RIOTinYOURcity

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
I use Roxio 9 with no problems on W7. For a RC its as good as they come.

I bought Vista Ultimate OEM with no upgrade coupon and didn't open it. After I bought it I was like "shoot! W7 is free!!" lol

Good thing for eBay! Only lost $5

I ran the RC on my backup / test system for a month, and had no troubles, so I switched my primary to the RC also. No problems so far. I only had one compatibility issue with an old image management program (Firehand Ember), now an orphan, so I ditched it for Picasa3.

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I am switching because XP will be EOL soon and vista is too bulky at the moment. I run win7 at work and at home without any issues.

They made up for their mistakes with vista.

madmax808

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Absolutely. Win7 has made media sharing through my HTPC to the rest of my house terribly easy, and that means a lot to me.

furious_cruzer

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
i just installed 7 (RC 7100) yesterday on my notebook, its a few years old, compairing it to my gfs laptop, im running a core duo 1.6 with 1 gig of ram, shes running a brand new sony vio with c2d 2ghz and 4gb ram, my notebook flys by hers without a doubt, will diffently buy it when the full retail version comes out cause other then a few querks here and there, its amazing

furious_cruzer

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

they have a habbit of doing that, windows ME sucked then xp was awesome, now vista sucks, and 7 will be there best yet