Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

Hi!

Do you know anyways to take easily the legendary type of an card so that i
can have multiple of them in play?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"Boas Enkler" <info@it-design.biz> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Do you know anyways to take easily the legendary type of an card so that i can
> have multiple of them in play?

Under the new Legend rule, short of Brothers Yamazaki, I don't
think there's any way you can get around being allowed only
one Legendary permanent with the same name in play. You used
to be able to change the creature type to something other than
"Legend" to get around it, but since all creatures with the
"Legend" creature type have been changed to have the "Legendary"
supertype, I can't see a way to sneak around it.

- Dave

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

> Hi!
>
> Do you know anyways to take easily the legendary type of an card so that i
> can have multiple of them in play?

Easily? No. With difficulty? No. There is no way at all to do this right
now.

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:44:38 +0200, Boas Enkler <info@it-design.biz> wrote:
>Do you know anyways to take easily the legendary type of an card so that i
>can have multiple of them in play?

Nope. There is now no way to make a legendary card into a nonlegendary
object (or vice versa). You're limited to one at most of each name in play.

Dave

Boas Enkler wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Do you know anyways to take easily the legendary type of an card so that i
> can have multiple of them in play?

As detailed by other responders, no.

However: there's ways to get *functional* equivalents in play ...

Duplicant will give you a (usually cheaper ...) "copy" of the card.
Well, it only copies power/toughness and creature type. Not much bang
for the buck, unless it's your opponent's legend you are trying to copy
(as a helpful side effect in this case, Duplicant also removes the
targeted creature from play ...)

Quicksilver Elemental will give you a creature that can copy
*abilities*, if they are activated. ("cost:effect" kinds of things, not
"whenever" or "if" abilities)

--
(Posted from an account used as a SPAM dump. If you really want to get
in touch with me, dump the 'jboes' and substitute 'mur'.)