Getting the no operating system found due to a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawat

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Hello,
Could you please help me to get a virus off of my laptop. I took it to the "Geek Squad" and they let me know that I got a virus and wouldn't need the back up disk to recover my system however they wanted $199 to remove the virus from a $349 computer. Is there anyway I can do it on my own without having to pay the $199. The computer is still under a year old. Thank you for your help.

Solution
Do a factory restore. there should be a button you push at startup. If you are getting an "operating system not found" error I guarantee that's all geek squad is going to do. They also can't gave checked for a virus in that state and wouldn't bother, so they are just guessing. are you even sure you had a virus? it very possible it got corrupted or had a hardware problem instead. the number one rule to remember is geek squad has no idea what they are talking about. number 2 is they will rape you for pushing 3 buttons
Do a factory restore. there should be a button you push at startup. If you are getting an "operating system not found" error I guarantee that's all geek squad is going to do. They also can't gave checked for a virus in that state and wouldn't bother, so they are just guessing. are you even sure you had a virus? it very possible it got corrupted or had a hardware problem instead. the number one rule to remember is geek squad has no idea what they are talking about. number 2 is they will rape you for pushing 3 buttons

Solution

Mawat

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

Thanks so much for your information and help. I'll try that. You are right about the Geek Squad. I felt like they were asking way too much to get it working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.