microsoft wireless router - large speed swings

BK

I've been generally happy witht this router. It's about
2 1/2 years old. Lately I have been experiencing huge
speed swings: from low to high to, rarely, excellent. At
times, there has been no connectivity at all. I cannot
figure out any pattern to the glitches. Is it time to
deepsix this device and install another one?

Are you perhaps close to another user who might be on the same channel as
you are, or maybe added an electrical appliance somewhere in your residence?
You might try changing channels higher or lower, and change the SSID
(especially if still generic) to something unique to you.
In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert