Onslaught Block Clerics

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

The mission I want this deck to focus on is Scion of Darkness. The build I
currently have was restricted to Onslaught Block but if anyone has a
suggestion to contert it into another format, I just may give it a shot.
Anyway, here it is:

3x Doomed Necromancer
3x Rotlung Reanimator
4x Dark Supplicant
3x Visara the Dreadful
3x Vile Deacon
4x Scion of Darkness
4x Blood Celebrant

2x Decree of Pain
3x Death Pulse
3x Patriarch's Bidding
3x Profane Prayers
4x Misery Charm

21x Swamp

The build works quite well in most testing situations, but sometimes turns
clunky in actual play. The basic idea I had was to get Blood Celebrants and
Dark Supplicants off first and second turn and I usually end up with a Scion
out on turn 5. As the game proceeds, things could get hairy so I Decree of
Pain all creatures, get some Zombies from my Rotlung, and hope I draw into a
Patriarch's Bidding. The Charm is there for Doomed Necromancer more than
anything... maybe Dark Supplicant.

Comments and criticisms equally appreciated. Thanks.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

> 3x Doomed Necromancer
> 3x Rotlung Reanimator
> 4x Dark Supplicant
> 3x Visara the Dreadful
> 3x Vile Deacon
> 4x Scion of Darkness
> 4x Blood Celebrant
>
> 2x Decree of Pain
> 3x Death Pulse
> 3x Patriarch's Bidding
> 3x Profane Prayers
> 4x Misery Charm
>
> 21x Swamp

Try replacing a few swamps with Starlit Sanctum in case the ground is
gummed up and you need to throw a few points of damage at your opponent's
head. Maybe Cabal Archon is better for that. Cover of Darkness or Dirge of
Dread could do it too. If you go beyond Onslaught block, you can dump Scion
in your graveyard with Entomb or Buried Alive and then pop the Necromancer.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

If I did go out of Block format, do you think I should sideboard something
like Cabal Coffers against haste? You know, in case I need to cast Bidding
immediately after Decree because I don't have a Rotlung in play.