Hope someone can help I have been trying to sort this out for weeks now. I
have a
Sony Vaio PCG-K215Z laptop with network card installed, and I have a D-link
G604T router. MY computer freezes whilst on the internet at no specific set
times, and I have to turn of my computer an reboot. I have done a system
recovery, and that has not solved the problem, I have downloaded the firmware
for the router. I am not particularly technical and would like some easy to
understand help with this as I am getting so fustrated. I am running XP SP2,
and I am not sure if this is creating a conflict. At the time of the crash
there is nothing in the events viewer. But before the crash there are a
number of events from the Service Control Manager with the IDs of 7035 and
7036, if that helps. Not sure if it is a hardware problem either.

Thankyou in advance,
Picker

Crashing services are definitely a driver conflict, especially in the light of a freeze happening thereafter. With a Vail, I would
see if there are better drivers available for you.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"picker" <picker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0708A6B6-010D-4B76-9272-533A23BA0ADC@microsoft.com...
> Hope someone can help I have been trying to sort this out for weeks now. I
> have a
> Sony Vaio PCG-K215Z laptop with network card installed, and I have a D-link
> G604T router. MY computer freezes whilst on the internet at no specific set
> times, and I have to turn of my computer an reboot. I have done a system
> recovery, and that has not solved the problem, I have downloaded the firmware
> for the router. I am not particularly technical and would like some easy to
> understand help with this as I am getting so fustrated. I am running XP SP2,
> and I am not sure if this is creating a conflict. At the time of the crash
> there is nothing in the events viewer. But before the crash there are a
> number of events from the Service Control Manager with the IDs of 7035 and
> 7036, if that helps. Not sure if it is a hardware problem either.
>
> Thankyou in advance,
> Picker

What drivers would I need, and where would I find them?

Many thanks for you help,

Picker