Help Needed ! Can't Defrag or diskcheck

I got a message > "File or Directory C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents
is corrupt and unreadable. Please run Chkdsk utility" When I tried to run
chkdsk, I got a menu"Windows was unable to complete disk check" Now I can't
defrag either as I get message "chkdsk is scheduled to run" I tried
restarting, tried to run chkdsk in Safe Mode, did a virus scan, scanned for
spyware but cannot get it to run.

Please, can anyone help me with this problem, I don't know how to get this
chkdsk to either complete or how to clear it out of the defrag screen so
that I can defrag which I do need to do. Hope someone can help me. Thanks.

I am not a MVP whosit but I have learnt the System Restore could have too
may restore points in it for Disk Check to work . If the restore points are
removed through Disk Cleanup utility then all but the last retore point will
be deleted .
To see if there are any restore points go to Start click Accessories
click System Tools click System Restore click . The setting should be that
the Restore my computer to an earlier time (radio button ) should have a dot
in the center of it , usually its set , click Next and see if any Restore
points have been made . You may presume there are a lot of Restore Points
made or maybe the Internet Temporary files and/or the Internet History files
have not been deleted so run the DiskCleanup anyway unless you already have
run it .
Go into Disk Cleanup utility from Start click click All Programs click
Accessories click System Tools click Disk Cleanup and go to More Options
and at the bottom of the list select System Restore and click Cleanup .
and then choose the yeses or ok's and the restore points will be removed
but not the last made restore point .