I needed to reformat my pc, so i used my Windows OS restore disk that came
with my computer to do so. I had done this a few times before using this
disk and never had any problems. Only this time, when i started my PC up
from the disk , deleted the old OS and used all the new unpartitioned space
for the fresh OS to go on. I formated the space, and then it restarted and
began to do the Windows XP install thing, it got down to the 'Installing
Windows' its was 'installing devices' to be exact and it would get half way
through, then it would just stop installing...the coumputer itslef wouldn't
freeze, the xp 'new additions' info was changing, the green bars moved, but
the computer didn't install any more the disc would stop spinning, and
nothing else would happen. Any help would be appricated, i' dont reall know
what else to do...

Something changed. You have added hardware, or some hardware is broken. I would remove any addition to the original system, and try
setup without that.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509