is there a screen-dimmer for the Tungsten t5?

July 16, 2005 12:46:23 PM

Hi!

As I would like to boost the battery runtime of my T5 I wonder if there
is any tool to dim the screen brightness even further than it is
possible with the slider (in fact when reading in darkness I even find
the minimal brightness too bright and I would rather save the power for
more runtime).

Many thanks!

More about : screen dimmer tungsten

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 2:25:04 PM

Markus wrote:

> Hi!
>
> As I would like to boost the battery runtime of my T5 I wonder if there
> is any tool to dim the screen brightness even further than it is
> possible with the slider (in fact when reading in darkness I even find
> the minimal brightness too bright and I would rather save the power for
> more runtime).

Have a look at http://www.79bmedia.de/content/view/22/57/.

Notan
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 8:28:20 PM

"Markus" <MHasenoehrl@gmx.net> wrote:

>As I would like to boost the battery runtime of my T5 I wonder if there
>is any tool to dim the screen brightness even further than it is
>possible with the slider

Try BrightnessFix:

http://www.palmpowerups.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&...
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 8:41:40 PM

Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:

>Markus wrote:

>> As I would like to boost the battery runtime of my T5 I wonder if there
>> is any tool to dim the screen brightness even further than it is
>> possible with the slider

>Have a look at http://www.79bmedia.de/content/view/22/57/.

That's an outdated version of Energy Dimmer. The new version is here:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.s...

There was a change in the code after the Tungsten E. All the dimmers (such as
SilkDimmer) that would work on the old models stopped working on the Zire 72 and
newer models. Energy Dimmer claimed to support the Zire 72, and it did for
everything except lowering brightness below the stops. Even though the level
said 0% it was still the brightness of 25% at the old low stop. But give it a
try on your T5 using the trial version. Hopefully it will work on the T5. Course
it costs money and the other one I mentioned is free...;)
!