FX 5900 Ultra Prob..

MaDnEsS

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2001
I know this is gonna be a real hard question to answer but Im really stumped. I have a eVga FX 5900 ultra. An ePox 8rda+ . Both support 8x agp . But display props , it comes out as " PCI mode " not "8x" like the picture shown here at THGuide. My bios is right .. 8x enabled .. AGP boot / not PCI. Im stumped. Any ideas on where to start lookin/tweakin? The only thing I can think of is .. I have my AGP frequency clocked all the way up . Its not at default. Could that cause a mis-read in my Disp. props ? Is there a utility that will tell me what my AGP bus is at? According to BIOS its at 8x .. according to dxdiag itsays AGP texture Acc. " not available "

Athlon XP 2.7 @ 2278
EpOx 8RDA+/ WIN XP HM
PNY/ G4 Ti 4600/2x512/Crucial PC3200
W.D 120/8mb S.Edi.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by MaDnEsS on 08/19/03 11:47 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
heya Madness;

This is an ongoing problem for which i have no solution for unfortunately, i have seen no plausable explaination for this behavior, all i can do is tell you to do is call the manufacture and if they have no solution call Nvidia.

<font color=blue> <b> <Capt Archer> Can't this thing go any faster, I thought this was a Warp 5 Engine!
<Trip> yeah, on paper! </b> </font color=blue>

MaDnEsS

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2001
Well , when I installed the newest nforce2 drivers " 2.45 " fixes the prob. it detects and registers 8x AGP enabled, and all is well. UNTIL ... I try to connect to the internet .. no dice .. im so confused , how can updating nforce2 chip drivers affect my internet access? i connect threw a router and its a DSL always on connection. Its never off ... im baffeled once again. I can system restore to yesterday and all is well internet wise .. but PCI , no 8x agp

Athlon XP 2.7 @ 2278
EpOx 8RDA+/ WIN XP HM
PNY/ G4 Ti 4600/2x512/Crucial PC3200
W.D 120/8mb S.Edi.

LOL!

HEhe, I think RCmodeler is just down the newstand aisle from MaximumPC.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

RCPilot

Champion
LOL! Let's not bash RC modeling. Hence the name. RC Soaring that I do is pretty intense stuff.

I can do both hobbies at the same time though.

Honey, what's that smell? Don't bother me now I'm working on my computer! OOPS!

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
Yeah, really, you could write an app to control your RC plane from your laptop via Wi-Fi... yeah, that'd rule...

<b>nVidia cheated on me so I left her for ATi. ATi's hotter anyway...</b>

Wee

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003
Did you install your chipset drivers (not BIOS) ? I think that might be the fault.

Cheers,
Wee

RCPilot

Champion
Well I already have the best computer radio going for it, Airtronics Stylist. A full House Sail Plane uses 2 srevos in each wing. 1 for alearons & 1 for flaps. The the normal 3 servos in the fuse. Takes a dedicated computer card to handle all the in filght mixing to just fly it.

The fun part is twisting up the winch to launch it. Hooking $1500 to $2000 Sail Plane to car starter to launch is a thrill.

Sorry about being off topic. Just had to answer though.

Honey, what's that smell? Don't bother me now I'm working on my computer! OOPS!

SHARKMEAT

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2003
If you don't know the answer why post,or you just want to be a XXX????? member in post,what a joke.Ever one can't be as smart as some of you,so if you not going to help the guy get off the Damn pot,and take your finger from your nose.This is Bull SH&^ a guy asking for help and you give him an RC lecture.I guess some only know how to talk out the side of there mouth.Check with Nvidia Nforce2 site I read where they haven problems with some boards with 8x.But to be honest I don't know where on the site I read it,it just caught my eye and I only read a couple of lines.I have my(8x)turned off,I use x4.Which most of the ones with the options of 8x or 4x card user do also.
Nothing personel,but it pisses me off for people the give some one a nose job when he is asking for help,Like the song,Come on baby light my fire.
OK go ahead and trash talk me for your like of supporting the people asking for help.

TREAD SLOWLY IN DANGEROUS WATERS