Protection problem 2nd HD

Dear all...

Bought myself a new computer last week. I took out my entire 'old' harddisk,
and put this one in my new system.
No problems thus far; every folder is accessible,
except...................... E:\Documents and Settings\Daan.
(I used 2 accounts on XP: Daan and Guest. In the Daan folder, all my data is
stored: addressbooks/pictures/emails/etc)

When I click on the folder, XP sends me an on screen warning:
Protected folder, XS not allowed (something like that)

Is there any way to get my own data back??
Already tried something in safe-mode, nothing succeeded :-((

Thanks for any help,
Daan

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Try here..
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp
In XP Home you have to boot in safe mode to see the security tab. In XP Pro
you have to disable simple file sharing.

"daanoo" <dbreukhovenNOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Dear all...
>
> Bought myself a new computer last week. I took out my entire 'old'
> harddisk, and put this one in my new system.
> No problems thus far; every folder is accessible,
> except...................... E:\Documents and Settings\Daan.
> (I used 2 accounts on XP: Daan and Guest. In the Daan folder, all my data
> is stored: addressbooks/pictures/emails/etc)
>
> When I click on the folder, XP sends me an on screen warning:
> Protected folder, XS not allowed (something like that)
>
> Is there any way to get my own data back??
> Already tried something in safe-mode, nothing succeeded :-((
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Daan

A simple link that I was looking for!
Thanks!!! It worked...

"Ricky" <rsjoiner@no_spambellsouth.net> schreef in bericht
> Try here..
> How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp
> In XP Home you have to boot in safe mode to see the security tab. In XP
> Pro you have to disable simple file sharing.
>

> "daanoo" <dbreukhovenNOSPAMPLEASE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Dear all...
>>
>> Bought myself a new computer last week. I took out my entire 'old'
>> harddisk, and put this one in my new system.
>> No problems thus far; every folder is accessible,
>> except...................... E:\Documents and Settings\Daan.
>> (I used 2 accounts on XP: Daan and Guest. In the Daan folder, all my data
>> is stored: addressbooks/pictures/emails/etc)
>>
>> When I click on the folder, XP sends me an on screen warning:
>> Protected folder, XS not allowed (something like that)
>>
>> Is there any way to get my own data back??
>> Already tried something in safe-mode, nothing succeeded :-((
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>> Daan

Ricky

Distinguished