Type 2 Red Beats... Has won 4 of last 6 FNM.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

Here's the deck list:
4 Shock
4 E. Bolt
4 Magma Jet
4 Slith Firewalker
4 Hearth Kami
4 Molten Rain
3 Zo-Zu the Punisher "The deck's MVP"
3 Seething Song
4 Arc-Slogger
2 Kumano, M. Yamabushi
3 Blinkmoth Nexus
1 Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep
20 Mountain

Sideboard:
3 Shatter
3 Echoing Ruin
3 Demolish
3 Oblivion Stone
3 Goblin Charbelcher

Some Match-ups

Affinity: Wins 7-1 Losses
Tooth&Nail: Wins 6-0 Losses
Blue/Green: Wins 5-0 Losses easiest matchup
Black/Green: Wins 3-2 Losses
MonoBlack: Wins 2-2 Losses impossible to win w/o the Charbelchers

This deck has a 85% win/loss ratio. And we play between 17 to 29 ppl
each FMN. Comments please.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

To summon a deamon called Tommy Luke you must know the following
incantation:

> Here's the deck list:
> 4 Shock
> 4 E. Bolt
> 4 Magma Jet
> 4 Slith Firewalker
> 4 Hearth Kami
> 4 Molten Rain
> 3 Zo-Zu the Punisher "The deck's MVP"
> 3 Seething Song
> 4 Arc-Slogger
> 2 Kumano, M. Yamabushi
> 3 Blinkmoth Nexus
> 1 Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep
> 20 Mountain
/snip/
> This deck has a 85% win/loss ratio. And we play between 17 to 29 ppl
> each FMN. Comments please.

heh, looks VERY similar to my ponza beats, so i'll just enumerate the
differences :]
- 4 shock + 4 stone rain
- 1 shinka + 1 nexus
- 4 mountain + 4 chrome mox

i found molten rains beeing too less of LD and playing with more burn in
their place resulted in way worse record... also - i have no mono-black
in my meta, so shinka wasn't needed...
this will be probably my deck to play at regionals...

watman
--
Mateusz "Watman" Wata | http://poggadali.blox.pl
watman<at>interia.pl | watman<at>gmail.com

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

My decklist at last year's Regionals. I took 15th place out of 297
players.

4 Skirk Prospector R
4 E. Bolt R
4 Pyroclasm R1
4 Stone Rain R2
4 Molten Rain RR1
4 Demolish R3
2 Lay Waste R3
3 Culling Scales 3
4 Arc-Slogger RR3
1 Rorix Bladewing RRR3
2 Oblivion Stone 3
20 Mountain
4 Stalking Stones

4 Shatter
3 Echoing Ruin
1 Culling Scales
3 Flashfires
4 Dwarven Blastminer

Goblins wins 3-2 losses
Affinity 2-0
Mono-White 1-0
G/R Land-D 0-1 really close match-up. He eventually won.
Astral Slide 1-0
Tooth 1-0

"Tommy Luke" <KazuyaZero@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Here's the deck list:
> 4 Shock
> 4 E. Bolt
> 4 Magma Jet
> 4 Slith Firewalker
> 4 Hearth Kami
> 4 Molten Rain
> 3 Zo-Zu the Punisher "The deck's MVP"
> 3 Seething Song
> 4 Arc-Slogger
> 2 Kumano, M. Yamabushi
> 3 Blinkmoth Nexus
> 1 Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep
> 20 Mountain
>
> Sideboard:
> 3 Shatter
> 3 Echoing Ruin
> 3 Demolish
> 3 Oblivion Stone
> 3 Goblin Charbelcher
>
> Some Match-ups
>
> Affinity: Wins 7-1 Losses
> Tooth&Nail: Wins 6-0 Losses
> Blue/Green: Wins 5-0 Losses easiest matchup
> Black/Green: Wins 3-2 Losses
> MonoBlack: Wins 2-2 Losses impossible to win w/o the Charbelchers

Ahhhhh.. Almost looks like a mono-red Type 2 version of my friend's Type 1
B/R LD deck, and a current version of the Type 2 deck (for
Invasion/Odyssey/7E) that I'd built based on it. I'd been pondering running
something like this. What do you think of slipping Mirror Gallery in so you
can play with multiple Ankh-on-Legs and Kumanos at once?

Erich

"Erich Leibrock" <eleibrock@symDELETETHECAPSpatico.ca> wrote in message
> "Tommy Luke" <KazuyaZero@webtv.net> wrote in message
>> Here's the deck list:

[Snipped monored Ponzaish decklist and matchups]

> Ahhhhh.. Almost looks like a mono-red Type 2 version of my friend's Type 1
> B/R LD deck, and a current version of the Type 2 deck (for
> Invasion/Odyssey/7E) that I'd built based on it. I'd been pondering
> running something like this. What do you think of slipping Mirror Gallery
> in so you can play with multiple Ankh-on-Legs and Kumanos at once?
>
> Erich

That reminds me.. why did you not add Chrome Mox for mana acceleration? I
presume it's something you've tried.. How did you find it? The other card
going through my head is Trinisphere. If you have a way to drop it turn 1,
you've slowed your opponent down greatly right there. Desperate Ritual might
also be able to wiggle its way in too. Turn 1: Mountain, Chrome Mox, Ritual,
Trinisphere. Turn 2, Mountain, Zo-Zu. Turn 3, Eat his children :)

Erich

On 2005-02-15, Mateusz "Watman" Wata <watman@SPAMFIGHTERinteria.pl> wrote:

> heh, looks VERY similar to my ponza beats, so i'll just enumerate the
> differences :]
> - 4 shock + 4 stone rain
> - 1 shinka + 1 nexus
> - 4 mountain + 4 chrome mox
>
> i found molten rains beeing too less of LD and playing with more burn in
> their place resulted in way worse record... also - i have no mono-black
> in my meta, so shinka wasn't needed...

I have to agree with this. I don't see using only 4 LD in a deck. Also, I'm
running Sowing Salt in mine, but am definitely going more the LD route.

I like Shinka. Don't see much Horobi, but if it happens to be out when Kumano
is out, so much the better.

To further my LD, and in preparation for some sort of Arcbound Ravager
banning, I've sided out the Hana Kamis and am running the Akki Blizard herder
as well as that one-cost sorcery that causes each player to sac a permanent.
The combo of a stone/molten rain and then that card (sac'ing the herder, of
course) can be a killer in the early game.

Anyway, I'm running that and about 24 land. Stalking Stones (don't own any
blinkmoths) and a couple of that new land that becomes a spirit when it dies.

No sliths because I don't have any moxen

That's about mine, I'm looking to try it this weekend.

In vino veritas
http://openwine.net

On 2005-02-18, Kevin <ktneely@no.spam.astroturfgarden.com> wrote:
> To further my LD, and in preparation for some sort of Arcbound Ravager
> banning, I've sided out the Hana Kamis and am running the Akki Blizard herder

Oops, make that HEARTH Kamis :)

In vino veritas
http://openwine.net

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

my deck tonight went 4-1-1 in the first six rounds and I went on to win
the top 8.

So far my deck's like this. 4 wins, 1 top-2 intentional spit, 1 top 4
and 1 top 8. Pretty impressive so far huh?

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

"Erich Leibrock" <eleibrock@symDELETETHECAPSpatico.ca> wrote in message
> "Tommy Luke" <KazuyaZero@webtv.net> wrote in message
> > Here's the deck list:
> > 4 Shock
> > 4 E. Bolt
> > 4 Magma Jet
> > 4 Slith Firewalker
> > 4 Hearth Kami
> > 4 Molten Rain
> > 3 Zo-Zu the Punisher "The deck's MVP"
> > 3 Seething Song
> > 4 Arc-Slogger
> > 2 Kumano, M. Yamabushi
> > 3 Blinkmoth Nexus
> > 1 Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep
> > 20 Mountain
> >
> > Sideboard:
> > 3 Shatter
> > 3 Echoing Ruin
> > 3 Demolish
> > 3 Oblivion Stone
> > 3 Goblin Charbelcher
> >
> > Some Match-ups
> >
> > Affinity: Wins 7-1 Losses
> > Tooth&Nail: Wins 6-0 Losses
> > Blue/Green: Wins 5-0 Losses easiest matchup
> > Black/Green: Wins 3-2 Losses
> > MonoBlack: Wins 2-2 Losses impossible to win w/o the Charbelchers
>
> Ahhhhh.. Almost looks like a mono-red Type 2 version of my friend's Type 1
> B/R LD deck, and a current version of the Type 2 deck (for
> Invasion/Odyssey/7E) that I'd built based on it. I'd been pondering
running
> something like this. What do you think of slipping Mirror Gallery in so
you
> can play with multiple Ankh-on-Legs and Kumanos at once?

Hijack... Interested in a deck list of your friend's Type 1 B/R LD deck as
I am in the process of refining mine.

Cheers
LT.

"MonoJoker" <monojoker@bigjobbies.com.au> wrote in message
> "Erich Leibrock" <eleibrock@symDELETETHECAPSpatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Ahhhhh.. Almost looks like a mono-red Type 2 version of my friend's Type
>> 1
>> B/R LD deck, and a current version of the Type 2 deck (for
>> Invasion/Odyssey/7E) that I'd built based on it. I'd been pondering
> running
>> something like this. What do you think of slipping Mirror Gallery in so
> you
>> can play with multiple Ankh-on-Legs and Kumanos at once?
>
> Hijack... Interested in a deck list of your friend's Type 1 B/R LD deck
> as
> I am in the process of refining mine.
>
> Cheers
> LT.

Sorry about the long time to reply.. email me (mind the addy!) with a valid
email address and I'll send it to you :)

Erich