Using older Programs on windows XP

I have an old game that worked with windows 98, and when i try to play it it
says it cannon run with MS-DOS and in the 16 bit. i've tried changing the
settings on my computer, but it didn't work. Does anyone know of a patch that
can help me?
2 answers Last reply
More about using older programs windows

    "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have an old game that worked with windows 98, and when i try to play it
    >it
    > says it cannon run with MS-DOS and in the 16 bit. i've tried changing the
    > settings on my computer, but it didn't work. Does anyone know of a patch
    > that
    > can help me?

    Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
    program
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

    --
    William

    www.patch_for_an_old_game.com ?

    Charles

    If you were to let us know what game, better advice could be given, maybe..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have an old game that worked with windows 98, and when i try to play it
    >it
    > says it cannon run with MS-DOS and in the 16 bit. i've tried changing the
    > settings on my computer, but it didn't work. Does anyone know of a patch
    > that
    > can help me?

Windows XP