Keyboard Problem

Lately I'm experiencing a problem with my keyboard. As I
type (such as this note) the cursor disappears and the
keyboard is temporarily dead. Typing a key gives me a
blip. It just happened and I noticed that a hourglass icon
briefly appeared. If I click with my mouse, the keyboard
is back to normal. The problem is very annoying, but not
fatal. I've done everything possible: substituted another
keyboard, changed to an USB connection, ran anti-spyware
scans, updated my keyboard driver, etc. Nothing helps. I
am using WindowsXP Home SP/2 on a LAN with one other
computer. This computer with the problem is located
fairly far away from my MS MN700 router. Signal strength
is low, signal speeds are 6-12 Mbps, there is no
disconnects from my DSL line. Can a low signal strength
cause a constant (it's happened three times already while
typing this note) keyboard interrupt? I'm at my wit's end
and any help will be appreciated. I turned off the MS
Firewall that is part of the SP/2 update and the problem
still exists.
1 answer Last reply
More about keyboard problem

    Your problem has nothing to do with your lan or
    connection rates or firewall. It may be an accessibility
    keyboard setting. Go th control panel, accessibility
    options, and uncheck anything that is checked on the
    keyboard tab.

Routers Keyboards Networking