Latitude TV output quality?

Hi,

I have a Dell Latitude CPxJ, PIII/750MHz.

I recently got a little adapter (Dell) to enable me to connect the video
output (7-pin mini-DIN) to the composite input on a portable TV. I was a bit
disappointed as the quality is pretty bad. Actual videos are ok but not
great, depending on the quality of the actual clip, but the Windows desktop
is 'orrible. It would be impossible to do a demonstraion of anything without
the viewers getting blinding headaches.

Is this poor quality normal for this model of Latitude. Is there any
adjustment I could make? Or is it my tv (although that seems ok with other
composite inputs)?

(P.S. I realise that using some other input to the TV would be better than
composite.)

Thanks, John

Eugene

John Fryatt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Dell Latitude CPxJ, PIII/750MHz.
>
> I recently got a little adapter (Dell) to enable me to connect the video
> output (7-pin mini-DIN) to the composite input on a portable TV. I was a
> bit disappointed as the quality is pretty bad. Actual videos are ok but
> not great, depending on the quality of the actual clip, but the Windows
> desktop is 'orrible. It would be impossible to do a demonstraion of
> anything without the viewers getting blinding headaches.
>
> Is this poor quality normal for this model of Latitude. Is there any
> adjustment I could make? Or is it my tv (although that seems ok with other
> composite inputs)?
>
> (P.S. I realise that using some other input to the TV would be better than
> composite.)
>
> Thanks, John
neither. TV resolution is very low quality and the sharp lines of most
fonts and such on the screen don't work well.

"Eugene" <nospam@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> John Fryatt wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a Dell Latitude CPxJ, PIII/750MHz.
>>
>> I recently got a little adapter (Dell) to enable me to connect the video
>> output (7-pin mini-DIN) to the composite input on a portable TV. I was a
>> bit disappointed as the quality is pretty bad. Actual videos are ok but
>> not great, depending on the quality of the actual clip, but the Windows
>> desktop is 'orrible. It would be impossible to do a demonstraion of
>> anything without the viewers getting blinding headaches.
>>
>> Is this poor quality normal for this model of Latitude. Is there any
>> adjustment I could make? Or is it my tv (although that seems ok with
>> other
>> composite inputs)?
>>
>> (P.S. I realise that using some other input to the TV would be better
>> than
>> composite.)
>>
>> Thanks, John
> neither. TV resolution is very low quality and the sharp lines of most
> fonts and such on the screen don't work well.

I agree. It just will never be very good.

Make sure you're running Windows on the TV at 800x600 or better 640x480

Tom