System restore not working

March 13, 2005 11:51:15 PM

After upgrading to SP2, when I try to access or open the system restore, I
get a catastrophic error. Is there any way to fix this or do I have to
remove SP2 and see if that fixes the problem??

The message says: "An exception occurred while trying to run
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SHELL32,DLL,CONTROL_RUNDLL SYSDM.CPL,SYSTEM"

Thanks for any help

More about : system restore working

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 2:11:45 AM

Hi Bob,

Reinstall System Restore.
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the windows\inf folder.
Find the sr.inf file, right click on it and select Install.
Note: This file is in a hidden folder. To view hidden folders follow
these steps.
Go to the Control Panel/Folder Options/View tab, set it to "Show
hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system
files [recommended]". Also uncheck "Hide extensions for known file
types".

Here are some more troubleshooting tip.
System Restore Failures to restore
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html