Behold!! My New Graphics Card.......for 30 days.

BigBiggist

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
Yes it is true, i sadly have to send my MayaII Radeon 9700 Pro to Giga-Byte to get it repaired. It is a sad day for my computer. Actually it just plain sucks hella. I have to move into my dorm tomorrow and my computer is barely running on a very old Matrox Millenium from 1995 or something. It has barely any memory so i need a 30 day replacement. :frown:

Therefore my new beast is a Radeon 9100 64 MB DDR with 128 bit memory, oh yeah, im really going to be gaming now, thank God for college, now i wont be bored. It was either that or a 5200 or Radeon 7500 b/c of the DVI interface i needed. Oh well, wish me luck with my new card and hopefully gigabyte wont bill me for the bad memory controller on their card. It might be 45 or more bucks which really sucks.

Well at least the 9100 beats the nasty artifacts i get. I havent ordered it yet so if anyone has a better suggestion im open to it. :smile:

A wise monkey never monkies with another monkey's monkey, unless another monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey before the wise monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey.

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Go to the University bookstore and find out what books u'll need for your courses. Buy some, start reading ahead.

Be a good student! :smile: hehe!

The loving are the daring!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
So what exactly happened? Did it just start going all buggy on you?
(or was overclockign involved?) :smile:

<b>My Car comes with Hyper Threading enabled:
1970 General Motors Holden HT Kingswood Wagon :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Hey, don't worry, you won't be so shabby with a Radeon 9100 it will make a decent fill-in card for the time being. Heck, if I can use my Radeon Mobility 7500c 32 meg on my laptop for gaming, then you should definately be able to run the games of today on it. Of course you won't be able to run smoothly with AF and AA enabled. And its possible you might have to lower some details a little bit, but not to much lowering. I wouldn't expect Doom 3 to run great on it. Try playing on 800x600 or 1024x768 because you won't be able to handle anything in the caliber of 1600x1200 on newer games.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

BigBiggist

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
Hey, alright 3 responses.

Sorry it took me so long but i was moving all day yesterday......into my dorm at UCONN!! its great.

Actually i decided to get a 9000 Pro instead. Giga-byte has decided to accidentally lose my RMA request two times already. Its nice of them. But it just started getting random artifacts once in awhile. It was at stock speeds and they continued to get worse after starting in mid summer. Now its stuck in artifact crap mode and im waiting for my 9000. Hopefully Giga-Byte will find my RMA request.

LoL and my Matrox MGA Millenium 2mb PCI is holding up very nicely. :wink:

A wise monkey never monkies with another monkey's monkey, unless another monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey before the wise monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey.