setting up multiple accounts

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to go about setting up user
accounts on one machine, not across a network, that when one user
deletes an icon or installs a program that icon is not created or
deleted globally. I am trying to set up user accounts for young
children, so that they cannot affect the whole system just thier own
desktops.

TIA
shroomin
1 answer Last reply
More about setting multiple accounts

    two commands might help you.

    go to start/run, and type %UserProfile% (note Desktop folder, and icons)

    go to start/run, and type %AllUsersProfile% (note different icons)

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "shroomin" <shroomin@shroomin.com> wrote in message news:Xns9618E9E5033F4shroominshroomincom@65.24.7.150...
    >I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to go about setting up user
    > accounts on one machine, not across a network, that when one user
    > deletes an icon or installs a program that icon is not created or
    > deleted globally. I am trying to set up user accounts for young
    > children, so that they cannot affect the whole system just thier own
    > desktops.
    >
    > TIA
    > shroomin

Microsoft Windows XP