setting up multiple accounts

March 14, 2005 6:55:00 AM

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to go about setting up user
accounts on one machine, not across a network, that when one user
deletes an icon or installs a program that icon is not created or
deleted globally. I am trying to set up user accounts for young
children, so that they cannot affect the whole system just thier own
desktops.

TIA
shroomin
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 10:24:21 AM

two commands might help you.

go to start/run, and type %UserProfile% (note Desktop folder, and icons)

go to start/run, and type %AllUsersProfile% (note different icons)

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

!