Deck Advice

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

Greetings to all. This is a mono red deck I've been working on, and
would appreciate constructive criticisms and sideboard suggestions. It
is intended for casual play, but naturally I wouldn't mind a tournament
viable deck...

20 Mountain
2 Balduvian Trading Post

22 Lands

2 Heartless Hidetsugu
2 Kumano, Master Yamabushi
2 Initiate of Blood
4 Vulshock Sorcerer
4 Spikeshot Goblin
3 Frostling

17 Creatures

4 Fireball
4 Lavaburst
4 Incinerate
3 Gratuitous Violence
4 Loxodon Warhammer
2 Sun Droplet

My initial observations:
Gratuitous Violence works even better with Heartless Hidetsugu than
Overblaze does.

H.H. + Loxodon Warhammer is almost as much fun as winning with G.V.

The deck starts fairly slow and runs short on blockers, albeit long on
removal. Hence the Sun Droplets

all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Dan

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

A few general suggestions on how to improve early game performance:

I would probably run 4 copies of either Magma Jet or Flame Burst
instead of the Lava Burst.

As for blockers, choices are limited
Ghitu Encampment
 Ember-Fist Zubera
Wall of Razors
Viashino Heretic (sideboard option)
 Orcish Artillery (little brother to the H.H. but doable with Droplet,
or even better the Warhammer)

Terry