Fast user Switching...almost working

March 14, 2005 12:20:31 AM

I have a new Fast User Switching problem. Currently running Win XP
Pro with SP-2 on a MSI K8N Neo4 Platimum with 1GB RAM. It was working
fine up until about a day or so ago. I check all the new apps and
uninstalled the new one. I create a restore point before every
installation.
Here is the problem. The fast users switching check box is checked
and when you log off you are actually taken back to the login screen
however, when you select another user account it acts like you are
switching users the screen flickers and then you are taken back to the
login in screen.
I have read through the news groups and ran FSUFIX.reg but it was no
help. Has anyone suffered the same problem and found a fix.

Thanks in Advance.

Jim
jimrski@cox.net
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 1:51:17 PM

Do you have a pagefile and is it equal to, at least, the size of the amount
of RAM you have installed in your machine? Fast User Switching needs this!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"Jim Raykowski" <jimrski@cox.net> wrote in message
> I have a new Fast User Switching problem. Currently running Win XP Pro
> with SP-2 on a MSI K8N Neo4 Platimum with 1GB RAM. It was working fine up
> until about a day or so ago. I check all the new apps and uninstalled the
> new one. I create a restore point before every installation.
> Here is the problem. The fast users switching check box is checked and
> when you log off you are actually taken back to the login screen however,
> when you select another user account it acts like you are switching users
> the screen flickers and then you are taken back to the login in screen.
> I have read through the news groups and ran FSUFIX.reg but it was no
> help. Has anyone suffered the same problem and found a fix.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Jim
> jimrski@cox.net
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 8:01:11 AM

Richard,
The page file is good however, Terminal Services is not starting because
it is missing a file. Any ideas?

Jim

!