Disconnecting from VPN 'locks' internet?

Hi All,

I have to connect to my company's VPN (virtual pivate network) each
day and I've noticed that, about 1 in 3 times or more, when I
disconnect it locks up my internet connection.

Nothing i've been able to think of, short of rebooting my machine,
seems to get my internet connection back again.

Wondering if this is a known problem and if there's any established
workaround that doesn't involve rebooting / shutting down my machine.

Any help appreciated!

M.

You probably have a damaged winsock, repair it, and maybe then you will have to rebuild the VPN connection.

the netsh command in SP2 can rebuild the Winsock catalog. Open the command prompt and type:

netsh winsock reset

then press ENTER.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)