Horizontal Wheel

I have a Small sign near the bottom right icon tray which says in bold black
letters "Horizontal Wheel". It will not move and it is imposed over all
other images, so anything behind it is out of view.

Please reply to - jamie.smith@dominos.net.au

Thank you.

Jamie

Thanks for your post purplegrrl. I am using a note book which has a touch
pad and a stick. I have already tried adjusting the mouse section in
controls and the horizontal wheel message is still there.

Tis a strange one is this one.

"purplegrrl" wrote:

> "Jacktion" <Jacktion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Small sign near the bottom right icon tray which says in bold
> >black
> > letters "Horizontal Wheel". It will not move and it is imposed over all
> > other images, so anything behind it is out of view.
> >
> > Please reply to - jamie.smith@dominos.net.au
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Jamie
>
> Hi Jamie
>
> It sounds like it *could* be a mouse issue? Do you have a mouse with
> horizontal wheel capabilities? (I don't so have no experience) - If you do
> perhaps check in the mouse properties to see what is selected.
>
> It's always best to come back to the newsgroup for your reply so everyone
> can benefit (someone else may have the same prob and we can all learn from
> others' posts) rather than ask for a reply via private email where u might
> have buckleys of getting a response!!
>
> Best wishes from ~purplegrrl~

hmmm sorry jamie I have NFI. Perhaps the settings for the touchpad have
changed. I know I sometimes press ctrl - alt - something - something and it
changes some setting when I'm tired or trying to watch Survivor while
typing!! ; ) I have a laptop and there are a few settings in Control Panel
for changing things with the touchpad. If no-one else here has any
suggestions then maybe you could contact your Notebook manufacturer for
support.

> Thanks for your post purplegrrl. I am using a note book which has a touch
> pad and a stick. I have already tried adjusting the mouse section in
> controls and the horizontal wheel message is still there.
>
> Tis a strange one is this one.
>
> "purplegrrl" wrote:
>

>> "Jacktion" <Jacktion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a Small sign near the bottom right icon tray which says in bold
>> >black
>> > letters "Horizontal Wheel". It will not move and it is imposed over
>> > all
>> > other images, so anything behind it is out of view.
>> >
>> > Please reply to - jamie.smith@dominos.net.au
>> >
>> > Thank you.
>> >
>> > Jamie
>>
>> Hi Jamie
>>
>> It sounds like it *could* be a mouse issue? Do you have a mouse with
>> horizontal wheel capabilities? (I don't so have no experience) - If you
>> do
>> perhaps check in the mouse properties to see what is selected.
>>
>> It's always best to come back to the newsgroup for your reply so everyone
>> can benefit (someone else may have the same prob and we can all learn
>> from
>> others' posts) rather than ask for a reply via private email where u
>> might
>> have buckleys of getting a response!!
>>
>> Best wishes from ~purplegrrl~

cristykes

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Hi, I have just met this issue on an old Dell running XP home.
It appeared (has never done so before) when I fired up the machine after fitting an extra dvd reader - the machine has a read/write already - to do some disc copying; this Dell is otherwise out of commission being used only a a back-up data server when I have a new project is running.

I note that task manager rates it as an application running and it disappears when I close the application.

Haven't had time/inclination to dig deeper into it as yet, but may do out of curiosity at some time. My memory suggest to me that one of the last things I did on this machine was to load Microsoft mouse software (Intellimouse?) as the Dell ps2 mouse died and I only had a usb wireless mouse and hate not having 'double-click' working on the wheel.

Just thought I'd add this to the thread. Will add more if ever I investigate (like search program files for the application) and come up with anything.

Regards to all; thanks for the good work you publish here

crish

TRENDING THREADS