Voltage

Daegus

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2003
Anyone know the voltage on the Gigabyte Radeon 9800 Pro 256?

Having problems with my MB/video card/screen and can't get a picture to show. Running KDS 19' Rad-6 Flat panel with Abit IC7-G Max2 Advanced MB.

"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life."

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
What? Hehe.

Your card is compatable with all boards that have an AGP slot. That is, it supports signal voltages of 3.3v, 1.5v, and 0.8v.

Did you connect the four pin power cable to the card?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Daegus

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2003
Yeah, it turns on and all but some how a display doesn't come up so I don't get bios screen to start loading software and such. Never been run till yesterday.

"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life."

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
This is normally caused by a loose processor, loose card, grounded board or a reversed IDE cable, since you tryed it without the drives connected already, I'd start looking for a spare mounting post grounding the board.

A loose card will normally produce a beep warning from the board, as would most memory problems.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Daegus

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2003
Well, I've taken the card out and put it back in the static bag started it with nothing on it and no beeps so I think its a defective board. I got my RMA and sending it back for a new one on monday.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmm bummer.
I was just about to suggest a bios update.
My vnew vid card didnt work right until i did that.

But hehe, if you get no video output at all their ain't much you can do.

<b>My Car comes with Hyper Threading enabled:
1970 General Motors Holden HT Kingswood Wagon :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

Daegus

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2003
Yeah, the board is posting. Guessing its holes in the bios. Oh well..get new one in a few days.