Windows XP keeps rebooting

I installed Norton System Works and since then everytime I try to startup,
Windows XP Home keeps rebooting. I have tried a system restore when in safe
mode but it won't allow me to do it.
Any suggestions please!!!
3 answers Last reply
More about windows rebooting

    If you have the bootable XP setup CD, boot to it, run setup, and accept the second Repair offered (after the EULA agreement)

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B0AD076-5A1B-4565-B1F0-45A88365277A@microsoft.com...
    >I installed Norton System Works and since then everytime I try to startup,
    > Windows XP Home keeps rebooting. I have tried a system restore when in safe
    > mode but it won't allow me to do it.
    > Any suggestions please!!!

    Thanks Mark but all I have is the system restore cds which came with the pc.
    Where can I get the bootable XP setup CD?

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > If you have the bootable XP setup CD, boot to it, run setup, and accept the second Repair offered (after the EULA agreement)
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > ..
    > "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B0AD076-5A1B-4565-B1F0-45A88365277A@microsoft.com...
    > >I installed Norton System Works and since then everytime I try to startup,
    > > Windows XP Home keeps rebooting. I have tried a system restore when in safe
    > > mode but it won't allow me to do it.
    > > Any suggestions please!!!

    It would not work with an OEM or 'preinstalled' system. Those expect you to have made a backup of the data files.

    --

    "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E66DDB88-5513-4F43-AFF5-A9A75BD46BEA@microsoft.com...
    > Thanks Mark but all I have is the system restore cds which came with the pc.
    > Where can I get the bootable XP setup CD?
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> If you have the bootable XP setup CD, boot to it, run setup, and accept the second Repair offered (after the EULA agreement)
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    >> ..
    >> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B0AD076-5A1B-4565-B1F0-45A88365277A@microsoft.com...
    >> >I installed Norton System Works and since then everytime I try to startup,
    >> > Windows XP Home keeps rebooting. I have tried a system restore when in safe
    >> > mode but it won't allow me to do it.
    >> > Any suggestions please!!!

Support Windows XP Microsoft Norton System Restore