Wildfire deck in current Type II Environment

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

Hello all. With Wildfire available once again in Standard, I thought I would
try to build a deck around it. Since the Wildfire going off will essentially
kill all my dudes, I want to have some good effects, so I am trying to use the
Zubera and Rukh Eggs to give me a good position when I am done. I am not sure
of what else I might want to use. I originally had more artifact mana, so
that it would stick around afterwards, but found I had too much (Chrome Mox,
Fellwar Stone) and just stuck with a couple Talismans.

Guardian Idol might be a decent idea to add. I think a 4th Ember-Fist Zubera
might be needed, as I have found that having them around helps to get rid of
the bigger creatures I might be facing. Jiwari, the Earth Aflame might be a
good idea for this deck.

I have also found that the Magma Jets (could be Glacial Rays) are necessary,
since cards like Samurai of the Pale Curtain wreck the deck.

//NAME: R/G Wildfire
// FORMAT: Standard
// Lands
10 Forest
7 Mountain
4 Karplusan Forest
// Creatures
3 Burning-Eye Zubera
4 Dripping-Tongue Zubera
3 Ember-Fist Zubera
4 Rukh Egg
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
1 Homura, Human Ascendant
3 Ryusei, the Falling Star
// Spells
4 Magma Jet
4 Kodama's Reach
4 Wildfire
// Artifacts
3 Sensei's Divining Top
2 Talisman of Impulse
// Sideboard
SB: 4 Wear Away

thank you for any help or advice you may have. Sideboard ideas are welcome,
as well.

thank you,

In vino veritas
5 answers Last reply
More about wildfire deck current type environment
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

    To summon a deamon called Kevin you must know the following incantation:

    > Hello all. With Wildfire available once again in Standard, I thought I would
    > try to build a deck around it. Since the Wildfire going off will essentially
    > kill all my dudes, I want to have some good effects, so I am trying to use the
    > Zubera and Rukh Eggs to give me a good position when I am done. I am not sure
    > of what else I might want to use. I originally had more artifact mana, so
    > that it would stick around afterwards, but found I had too much (Chrome Mox,
    > Fellwar Stone) and just stuck with a couple Talismans.
    > Guardian Idol might be a decent idea to add. I think a 4th Ember-Fist Zubera
    > might be needed, as I have found that having them around helps to get rid of
    > the bigger creatures I might be facing. Jiwari, the Earth Aflame might be a
    > good idea for this deck.
    > I have also found that the Magma Jets (could be Glacial Rays) are necessary,
    > since cards like Samurai of the Pale Curtain wreck the deck.
    /snip/

    i also thought a bit about 9th ed wildfire deck and deciced to go into
    urzatron acceleration backed up by wildfire/shard phoenix/form of the
    dragon control.... with pyroclasms, jiwaris, to some extend also
    flamebreaks and land destruction + talismans it can be a return of mono
    r control in its true glory :)

    watman (bought an urzatron for this deck today ;] )
    --
    Mateusz "Watman" Wata | http://poggadali.blox.pl
    How to contact me: http://republika.pl/watman/kontakt.html

    why not just land acceleration and drop some 5 cost fatties with 5 and
    6 toughness?
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

    On 2005-08-03, Gareth Pye <gareth@gpsatsys.com.au> wrote:
    > why not just land acceleration and drop some 5 cost fatties with 5 and
    > 6 toughness?

    This works, but I find myself having to choose between playing the fatties or
    the wildfire. Once I wildfire, I have to wait to play the big guys again.
    With the Zuberas, I get tokens and additional damage to my opponent.

    I did add two Ryusei to the deck. I feel like this could be a good card, b/c
    I already plan on killing off my own creatures, it won't touch my Rukh tokens
    (or shard phoenix, if I plan to run that) and 5/5 in the air isn't too bad.
    An added bonus is that he is easy to come by.

    In vino veritas
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

    On 2005-08-03, Mateusz "Watman" Wata <watman@SPAMFIGHTERinteria.pl> wrote:
    > To summon a deamon called Kevin you must know the following incantation:
    >> of what else I might want to use. I originally had more artifact mana, so
    >> that it would stick around afterwards, but found I had too much (Chrome Mox,
    >> Fellwar Stone) and just stuck with a couple Talismans.
    >> Guardian Idol might be a decent idea to add.

    > i also thought a bit about 9th ed wildfire deck and deciced to go into
    > urzatron acceleration backed up by wildfire/shard phoenix/form of the
    > dragon control.... with pyroclasms, jiwaris, to some extend also
    > flamebreaks and land destruction + talismans it can be a return of mono
    > r control in its true glory :)

    If you're running Mono Red, how are you finding the Tron pieces? I would
    think that it would be difficult to find those pieces without reap & sow,
    Sylvan Scrying, etc. I find the Elder and Reach to be key in out-racing the
    mana of my opponents. Of course, Tooth brings in a ton of mana quickly, but a
    lot of their searches slow them down (scrying) and wildfire would get both
    their lands and their vine trellis, which would be nice.

    In vino veritas
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

    To summon a deamon called Kevin you must know the following incantation:

    >> i also thought a bit about 9th ed wildfire deck and deciced to go into
    >> urzatron acceleration backed up by wildfire/shard phoenix/form of the
    >> dragon control.... with pyroclasms, jiwaris, to some extend also
    >> flamebreaks and land destruction + talismans it can be a return of mono
    >> r control in its true glory :)
    > If you're running Mono Red, how are you finding the Tron pieces? I would
    > think that it would be difficult to find those pieces without reap & sow,
    > Sylvan Scrying, etc.

    true, it's difficult ;]
    i will use sensei divining tops, scry from magma jets and draw from
    pyrite spellbombs - the deck is still in its planning phase (but buing
    'tron is generally not a bad idea ;] )...

    > I find the Elder and Reach to be key in out-racing the
    > mana of my opponents. Of course, Tooth brings in a ton of mana quickly, but a
    > lot of their searches slow them down (scrying) and wildfire would get both
    > their lands and their vine trellis, which would be nice.

    true... i just thought about seething song :)

    watman
    --
    Mateusz "Watman" Wata | http://poggadali.blox.pl
    How to contact me: http://republika.pl/watman/kontakt.html
    "Life isn't a bitch. Life is a virgin. A bitch is easy."

Wildfire Video Games