Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Wildfire deck in current Type II Environment

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 7:00:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

Hello all. With Wildfire available once again in Standard, I thought I would
try to build a deck around it. Since the Wildfire going off will essentially
kill all my dudes, I want to have some good effects, so I am trying to use the
Zubera and Rukh Eggs to give me a good position when I am done. I am not sure
of what else I might want to use. I originally had more artifact mana, so
that it would stick around afterwards, but found I had too much (Chrome Mox,
Fellwar Stone) and just stuck with a couple Talismans.

Guardian Idol might be a decent idea to add. I think a 4th Ember-Fist Zubera
might be needed, as I have found that having them around helps to get rid of
the bigger creatures I might be facing. Jiwari, the Earth Aflame might be a
good idea for this deck.

I have also found that the Magma Jets (could be Glacial Rays) are necessary,
since cards like Samurai of the Pale Curtain wreck the deck.


//NAME: R/G Wildfire
// FORMAT: Standard
// Lands
10 Forest
7 Mountain
4 Karplusan Forest
// Creatures
3 Burning-Eye Zubera
4 Dripping-Tongue Zubera
3 Ember-Fist Zubera
4 Rukh Egg
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
1 Homura, Human Ascendant
3 Ryusei, the Falling Star
// Spells
4 Magma Jet
4 Kodama's Reach
4 Wildfire
// Artifacts
3 Sensei's Divining Top
2 Talisman of Impulse
// Sideboard
SB: 4 Wear Away


thank you for any help or advice you may have. Sideboard ideas are welcome,
as well.

thank you,
K

--
In vino veritas
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 3:23:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

To summon a deamon called Kevin you must know the following incantation:

> Hello all. With Wildfire available once again in Standard, I thought I would
> try to build a deck around it. Since the Wildfire going off will essentially
> kill all my dudes, I want to have some good effects, so I am trying to use the
> Zubera and Rukh Eggs to give me a good position when I am done. I am not sure
> of what else I might want to use. I originally had more artifact mana, so
> that it would stick around afterwards, but found I had too much (Chrome Mox,
> Fellwar Stone) and just stuck with a couple Talismans.
> Guardian Idol might be a decent idea to add. I think a 4th Ember-Fist Zubera
> might be needed, as I have found that having them around helps to get rid of
> the bigger creatures I might be facing. Jiwari, the Earth Aflame might be a
> good idea for this deck.
> I have also found that the Magma Jets (could be Glacial Rays) are necessary,
> since cards like Samurai of the Pale Curtain wreck the deck.
/snip/

i also thought a bit about 9th ed wildfire deck and deciced to go into
urzatron acceleration backed up by wildfire/shard phoenix/form of the
dragon control.... with pyroclasms, jiwaris, to some extend also
flamebreaks and land destruction + talismans it can be a return of mono
r control in its true glory :) 

watman (bought an urzatron for this deck today ;] )
--
Mateusz "Watman" Wata | http://poggadali.blox.pl
How to contact me: http://republika.pl/watman/kontakt.html
"Reality bites with a variety of sizes of teeth" - Tony Follari
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 1:41:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

why not just land acceleration and drop some 5 cost fatties with 5 and
6 toughness?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 3:00:01 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

On 2005-08-03, Gareth Pye <gareth@gpsatsys.com.au> wrote:
> why not just land acceleration and drop some 5 cost fatties with 5 and
> 6 toughness?

This works, but I find myself having to choose between playing the fatties or
the wildfire. Once I wildfire, I have to wait to play the big guys again.
With the Zuberas, I get tokens and additional damage to my opponent.

I did add two Ryusei to the deck. I feel like this could be a good card, b/c
I already plan on killing off my own creatures, it won't touch my Rukh tokens
(or shard phoenix, if I plan to run that) and 5/5 in the air isn't too bad.
An added bonus is that he is easy to come by.

K

--
In vino veritas
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 3:00:02 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

On 2005-08-03, Mateusz "Watman" Wata <watman@SPAMFIGHTERinteria.pl> wrote:
> To summon a deamon called Kevin you must know the following incantation:
>> of what else I might want to use. I originally had more artifact mana, so
>> that it would stick around afterwards, but found I had too much (Chrome Mox,
>> Fellwar Stone) and just stuck with a couple Talismans.
>> Guardian Idol might be a decent idea to add.

> i also thought a bit about 9th ed wildfire deck and deciced to go into
> urzatron acceleration backed up by wildfire/shard phoenix/form of the
> dragon control.... with pyroclasms, jiwaris, to some extend also
> flamebreaks and land destruction + talismans it can be a return of mono
> r control in its true glory :) 

If you're running Mono Red, how are you finding the Tron pieces? I would
think that it would be difficult to find those pieces without reap & sow,
Sylvan Scrying, etc. I find the Elder and Reach to be key in out-racing the
mana of my opponents. Of course, Tooth brings in a ton of mana quickly, but a
lot of their searches slow them down (scrying) and wildfire would get both
their lands and their vine trellis, which would be nice.

K

--
In vino veritas
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 5:53:23 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

To summon a deamon called Kevin you must know the following incantation:

>> i also thought a bit about 9th ed wildfire deck and deciced to go into
>> urzatron acceleration backed up by wildfire/shard phoenix/form of the
>> dragon control.... with pyroclasms, jiwaris, to some extend also
>> flamebreaks and land destruction + talismans it can be a return of mono
>> r control in its true glory :) 
> If you're running Mono Red, how are you finding the Tron pieces? I would
> think that it would be difficult to find those pieces without reap & sow,
> Sylvan Scrying, etc.

true, it's difficult ;]
i will use sensei divining tops, scry from magma jets and draw from
pyrite spellbombs - the deck is still in its planning phase (but buing
'tron is generally not a bad idea ;] )...

> I find the Elder and Reach to be key in out-racing the
> mana of my opponents. Of course, Tooth brings in a ton of mana quickly, but a
> lot of their searches slow them down (scrying) and wildfire would get both
> their lands and their vine trellis, which would be nice.

true... i just thought about seething song :) 

watman
--
Mateusz "Watman" Wata | http://poggadali.blox.pl
How to contact me: http://republika.pl/watman/kontakt.html
"Life isn't a bitch. Life is a virgin. A bitch is easy."
!