opening files stored in My Documents in Word

Tags:
  • Support
  • My Documents
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
March 14, 2005 6:51:10 AM

If I right click on a files stored in My Documents and request 'Open with
Word', when Word opens the item appears, but is totally unreadable (lots of
square OOOOs and so on) Choices are given to change the format but none of
them are readable. Is there a way around this please
--
best regards nennie

More about : opening files stored documents word

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 10:22:46 AM

"nennie" <us@therein.net> wrote in message
> If I right click on a files stored in My Documents and request 'Open with
> Word', when Word opens the item appears, but is totally unreadable (lots
> of
> square OOOOs and so on) Choices are given to change the format but none of
> them are readable. Is there a way around this please
> --
> best regards nennie

Nennie

Were the documents created with Word? If not then you will need to use the
same program that created the files to view them. You may also be able to
find a converter for Word to use to open them. At the following link under
Browse Downloads you can find converters for use with different versions of
Word.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/officeupdate/default....

Kerry
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 10:43:08 AM

Sounds like damaged Fonts. Office/Word puts an item in Add/remove app for "Detect and Repair"

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
!