Sign in with
Your question

Nth laptop recommendation

Tags:
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
March 8, 2012 6:25:25 PM

nth post about a laptop advice. I give below some details of what i am interested in. Thanks in advance for your time. It would be cool if someone could help meh.

1. What is your budget?

No more than 1500 Euro.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

I dont care much of size, tho i want to travel with my laptop, to use it for university(in 1 year) and mostly for GAMING.
3. What screen resolution do you want?

No less than 1600x900
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

I have a 2500 euro worth desktop so no.
5. How much battery life do you need?

Battery life isnt important for me, tho id like a laptop that can survive on its own for at least 2 hours.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

I play only the best games. Every new game that comes out deserves a try. My preferences are medium-high graphics.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

I have my desktop for that.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Mah, since i have a 2 TB external HDD, i dont care much about laptop storage. Id still like no less than 250GB tho.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

No idea.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

Heh, at least 2-3 years would be cool.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

DVD rom would be perfect.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Umm i was inclined to buy the Alienware m14x, by customizing it online, but after a review i have seen, i got confused because it seemed to me a little small.(The screen i mean.) It might be just my impression tho.
13. What country do you live in?

Italy
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I care a LOT about the design of the laptop. Away THICK ugly laptops.
a c 244 D Laptop
March 9, 2012 5:20:59 AM

AW M14x is a decent choice,especially since you care about the design.It looks great,has a good cooling system.The only downside is it's a bit heavy(compared to other 14" laptops)
March 9, 2012 11:31:29 AM

Maziar said:
AW M14x is a decent choice,especially since you care about the design.It looks great,has a good cooling system.The only downside is it's a bit heavy(compared to other 14" laptops)

Thanks for the answer! Its ok if its a heavier than other 14 laptops, i have enough muscles :D  to carry it lol. I was wondering if there was any alternative. I dont want to make the wrong choice. :) 
a c 244 D Laptop
March 9, 2012 5:14:27 PM

Envy 14 is also good but M14x is better overall(especially in the cooling system),so your best choice is M14x :) 
!